|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient border-less manner.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax and Transfer Pricing Manager (Africa)
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- The Tax and Transfer Pricing Manager (Africa) will report directly to the Head of Finance (Africa) and have overall responsibility for ensuring Flutterwave entities comply with all statutory tax and transfer pricing obligations in all the countries we operate in.
- This role will oversee the activities of tax advisers in all these locations and will also maintain and develop strong relationship with respective tax authorities.
- The candidate will also be responsible for advising management of developments in the tax space that will impact Flutterwave’s business model, including review of contracts and intragroup agreements for tax compliance.
- The selected candidate must be an experienced tax professional and self-starter who can work with minimal supervision.
- This role also involves being able to identify tax planning opportunities for Flutterwave.
What Your Day-to-Day Activities Will Be Like
- Take full ownership of the tax compliance obligations across Flutterwave, including monthly and annual tax filings (all taxes), transfer pricing filings, tax computations, capital allowance computations, adjustments to accounting profits for tax purposes, etc.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all tax advisers in each country operated from
- Develop good relationships with tax authorities in each country
- Attend to tax audit queries, tax audit exercises, transfer pricing audits, and other routine checks from regulators in relation to tax matters
- Review existing transfer pricing policy and advise management on recent changes in regulations that could impact the policy
- Review internal agreements within Flutterwave entities to ensure compliance with all tax laws and transfer pricing regulations
- Work closely with other departments to keep abreast of new business activities and address resulting opportunities, risks and tax consequences
- Identify potential tax planning opportunities for Flutterwave and work with the appropriate personnel of all entities within the organization to implement tax advice rendered by its tax advisers
- Maintain tax balance on general ledger/reconciliation of tax journals
- Review all contracts to ensure tax efficiency and optimization and seek advice from Flutterwave’s tax advisers as appropriate
- Manage all tax and levy risks. This includes NASENI Levy, Police Trust Fund, Industrial Training fund, Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund
- Work with HR to ensure tax compliance with all employee-related taxes and contributions
- Work with HR to ensure employees obtain tax clearance certificates
- Obtain tax clearance certificates in all countries we operate in
- Advice HR from time to time on tax planning opportunities for employees.
Required Competencies and Skills to be a Waver
- B.A / B.Sc / Master’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- CITN or ICAN certified
- 9+ years of progressive experience in tax role
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- In-depth knowledge of tax laws across Africa
- Appreciable understanding of ERP systems
- An organized self-manager, with ability to lead a remote team
- Excellent presentation & communication skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Proficient with MS office (Excel and word)
- Strong people management skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online