United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Unix Server Storage Administration
- Co-ordinate activities to ensure that all Unix IBM Servers and storage systems in Data Centre are up and running.
Roles & Responsibilities
UNIX Administration functions:
- Identify the relevant role players in accordance with business requirements and dependencies
- Build a trust relationship with the Business Unit staff (executive to junior official)
- Obtain mutual agreement on the resolution of issues, meetings required and the delivery of inter-dependent outputs and results
- Compile a database indicating the role players, expected outputs, contact details, type of agreements, skills inventory, succession planning
- Manage relationships in accordance with policies, procedures and legal requirements within the allocated time frames
- Attend Human Resources strategic meetings to provide feedback from the business to be taken into consideration when strategies are developed
Manage and Administer UNIX Servers:
- Unix (AIX) System Administration of IBM Servers and Enterprise Storage Server
- Design, install and configure the UNIX servers to the specific need and requirements of the applications.
- Periodically tune and optimize UNIX systems servers and related components to achieve high availability and performance of the various business applications supported.
- Disk space and File System Management on IBM Servers.
- Perform all periodic maintenance activities on IBM AIX servers, including system software configuration, user account maintenance, file systems and volume groups management, patches updates etc.
Manage and Administer Storages:
- Administering of Enterprise Storage Systems (DS)
- Administering Storage Area Networks (SAN) for IBM p-Series.
- Create LUNs from Storage
- Re-distribute storage utilisations on servers
Work with OEM Engineer Onsite:
- Work with Assigned customer engineer from OEM on Software and hardware calls
- Monitor the correct implementation and usage of the system to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Ensure that firmware on the both Operating System and Hardware are carry out to advert services breakdown.
- Proactively alert the OEM for replacement whenever there are failed components on the infrastructure.
- Our Ideal candidate should have experience working with Unix IBM Servers, manage Unix servers, backup and storage administration.
- Candidate should possess a B.Sc in Computer related field and up to 5 years related work experience.
- AIX Advanced Certified Certifications will serve as an added advantage.
- Unix AIX
- AIX Backup
- DS8000 Storage Administration
- IBM TSM v5.3 Administration
- IBM Productivity / Monitoring.
- IBM SAN Administration
- IBM p-series hardware
- Working without supervision
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to execute task before deadline
Application Closing Date
8th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online