The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Services – Site Manager
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
- Ready to lead a new era in African football?
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to elevate the organization to the highest international standards?
- We are looking for a Team Services-Site Manager, to ensure the successful operational delivery of the biennial competition, we have set up a local events team. Its aim is to improve the experience of teams, guests, fans, and spectators by delivering successfully across all operational areas.
- This role is a temporary contract, and the role will be based in Côte d’Ivoire.
- Build a local Services Team. Lead this team and organise meetings, trainings, and briefings.
- Ensure the selection on the appropriate team facilities: Accommodation /
- Hotels and Training Sites (incl. confirming their pairings) for the tournament, that must be delivered according to pre-defined requirements.
- Create and implement all Team Services related concepts, regulations, policies, and guidelines including any potential additional requirements.
- Plan and implement all Team Services related deliveries such as team facilities and team operations coordinating with the relevant cross-functional areas.
- Manage the communication with the participating teams including the preparation of circular letters, the creation of a team handbook, content confirmation for the Team Workshop(s), coordination of the team equipment checks, etc.
- Lead and manage the implementation of the Team Services deliveries and operations during the tournament.
- Manage departmental knowledge transfer initiatives including reports, event debriefs, team surveys and knowledge capturing.
- Travel related to operational meetings, inspections, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Event Management, or related fields.
- At least 5-years of relevant experience in in the professional football event management environment.
- Fluent in English and French Language both written and spoken; command of
- Arabic is a Plus.
- Experience in team tournament operations (planning, preparations, and
- implementation) for national teams or first division professional football clubs.
- Excellent understanding of Team Service-related areas such as accommodation, training sites, travel, transport, security, logistics, media, etc. and the resulting interfaces.
- Experience in selection and management of team-related facilities/venues and equipment
- Experience in budgeting and controlling.
Application Closing Date
05th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters) in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information (PDF)
- Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.
- Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration,