|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Director, Public Financial Management (PFM)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: the Chief of Party
- The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria.
- This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary).
- State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers and building on locally-derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
- The Technical Director PFM is responsible ensure the high-quality and timely implementation of the PFM technical activities across all states. S/he will travel to state offices to provide additional technical expertise as required by the evolving reform needs of each state.
- S/he will oversee a team of advisors that will deepen the expertise provided by the state teams by providing new perspectives or new approaches in PFM, citizen engagement, conflict, and GESI. S/he will ensure that the regular circulation of advisors will expose partners to relevant tools, innovative approaches, and best practices that will help reinforce state-to-state learning.
- S/he will mentor partners to update or complete the foundational suite of participatory and bottom-up state planning documents (State Development Plans and Medium-Term Sector Strategies).
- S/he will ensure the technical quality and provide technical assistance to the state-level PFM Specialists, supporting them to facilitate activities such as the development of annual procurement plans in key sectors to foster greater transparency, reduce risk, and support efficiency in service delivery, training embedded internal audit staff on technical audit skills needed to implement the new manuals, and internally generated revenue expansion strategies while exploring innovative solutions and public-private partnerships.
- The Technical Director PFM will directly supervise the main office technical team, including the Citizen Engagement Director, Conflict Advisor, Gender and Social Inclusion Advisor, IGR Specialist, and consultants (as needed).
- The Technical Director PFM provides access to expert advice in all facets of reform to the State2State teams and counterparts.
- This role spearheads PFM assessments and updates and taps the latest thinking in all areas of PFM, especially budget and audit.
- This role will ensure the productive matching of resources/inputs and support the resolution of PFM issues.
- A relevant Degree in Business, Accounting, Development Studies or relevant field is required.
- MBA or other relevant Master’s Degree preferable.
- PhD ideal
- At least twelve (12) years of professional experience, with at least seven (7) years of demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of interventions regarding improving PFM. Previous experience designing and using the Public Expenditure and Financial Accountability (PEFA) framework preferred.
- Previous successful experience in working for or with government counterparts and/or community organizations to improve PFM, including taxation and fiscal decentralization
- Demonstrated effective training, capacity building and coaching skills, networking, interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict, and ethical management skills
- Demonstrable experience in integrating gender into PFM activities
- Strong skill set in reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; fluency in the English language
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft Office)
- Previous USAID program experience preferred.
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.