Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health programs, education, research, and livelihoods initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
In anticipation of a potential award from USAID on the Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) with focus on the BAY (Borno, Adamawa, Yobe) states, the position below is open for consideration to all qualified candidates:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Prevention, Care & Treatment
Locations: Adamawa (x1), Borno (x2) and Yobe (x1)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Will provide day to day technical and programmatic support related to Clinical Management of HIV/ AIDS and PMTCT.
- Provide technical support to implement high quality care, treatment and support activities with primary focus on clinical management of HIV/AIDS including provision of Anti-retroviral therapy (ART). Assist in the development of strategies for the design and implementation of HIV/AIDS mitigation interventions.
- This includes orphans and vulnerable children programming, home-based care and other care and support activities at the community level. Coordinate the design and implementation of components related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including the use of Anti-retroviral treatment in field-level projects and programs.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS care and support capacity building at the state level. Work with relevant technical staff to adapt and disseminate guidelines, tools and procedures that will support the achievement of quality service delivery.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS prevention and mitigation capacity building to field programs and develop guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation of prevention and mitigation of HIV/AIDS.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- MB.BS / MD Degree with 3 to 4 years post-national youth service experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIV/AIDS with provision of PMTCT and anti-retroviral therapy (ART) in resource constrained settings.
- Demonstrated ability to use evidence to design and implement targeted interventions with highest degree of efficiency and impact
- Experience in project development with proven experience in the planning and facilitation of training is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, 11th January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-PCTJobs@ahnigeria.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.