|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technician, HEMM
Reference ID: Mines-Obajana-004
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full Time
- Responsible for ensuring that plant heavy equipment are in safe operating condition by conducting routine maintenance and scheduling needed repairs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out all types of repairs (emergency/running) and daily/periodic preventive maintenance of various make & types of heavy duty equipment , utilities, plants/vehicles in accordance with manufacturer’s guidance/recommendation and safe operating procedures to ensure optimum utilization and availability.
- To ensure proper housekeeping during and after completion of jobs.
- To give adequate on- the- job training to junior technician/helpers in order to develop them professionally.
- To always ensure safety in using material handling equipment, tools etc
- Carry out performance appraisal and practical assessment of junior technicians/helpers/intending staff for promotion and employment respectively
- To use all the PPE as recommended by the Safety Policy of the company and report to the authorities concerned regarding the accidents and near miss incident.
- To suggest to the management methods of improvements of maintenance practices.
- To ensure consistent availability of HEMM for operation without interruption
- To diagnose the problem on diesel engine, hydraulic & transmission system and to initiate remedial actions appropriately.
- To assist the supervisor/engineer for the spare parts planning
- Proper handling of tools provided them and to ensure right usage. Also responsible for getting the right tools for jobs at hand.
- Should have a valid DRIVING LICENCE.
- Compliance with ISO regulations.
- National Diploma, Trade test-1, 2 & 3 in mechanical fitting/mechanical equipment maintenance.
- 3 – 10 years experience in HEMM and LMV.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of repair and maintenance of plant heavy equipment.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good teaming skills.
- Baseline problem analysis and solving skills.
- Creativity and an ability to think out of the box.
- Proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online