Bankly is a financial technology company pushing the boundaries in cash digitization and data-led consumer services. Since 2019, Bankly has been focused on building the infrastructure to serve Nigeria’s informal segment and so far we’ve served ~35000 customers across our network of ~15,000 agents around Nigeria. We’re building a bank for the financially underserved.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: COO
- The compliance officer provides direction and oversight of the compliance program.
- The compliance officer is responsible for identifying and assessing areas of compliance risk; communicating the importance of the compliance program to the executive management; preparing and distributing the written code of conduct setting forth the ethical principles and policies which are the basis of the compliance program; developing and implementing education programs addressing compliance and the code of conduct; implementing a retaliation-free internal reporting process, including an anonymous telephone reporting system; and collaborating with executive management to effectively incorporate the compliance program within system operations and programs and to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Develop internal company policies and see that they are respected.
- Make sure the organization has a clearly defined program for complying with the country’s laws.
- Constantly report to management concerning the organization’s compliance with laws and regulations.
- Take action in dealing with noncompliance situations, creating realistic plans to overcome them.
- Conduct regular audits to identify potential weaknesses and noncompliance situations.
- Communicate with employees and make sure everyone is aware of what they need to do to comply with internal and external laws and regulations.
- Oversee, coordinate, and monitor the day-to-day compliance activities of the organization
- In collaboration with internal stakeholders, establish a company compliance manual; maintain and supplement the manual as necessary
- Establish, supervise, and train teams of department compliance officers responsible for identifying compliance issues at the departmental level; ensure appropriate communication for compliance issues between local and system levels, if applicable
- Develop and coordinate appropriate compliance training and education programs for all employees; ensure and understand the company’s commitment to comply with all laws, regulations, company policies, and ethical requirements applicable to the conduct of the business; assess the need for additional training and education and develop appropriate compliance programs
- Develop, coordinate, and/or oversee internal and external audit procedures for the purpose of monitoring and detecting any misconduct or noncompliance; if any misconduct or noncompliance is detected, recommend a solution and follow up to ensure that the non-compliance is resolved
- Formalize and monitor a system to enable employees to report any noncompliance without fear of retribution, ensuring that the reporting system is adequately publicized and that allegations of noncompliance are investigated and responded to promptly.
- In consultation with the human resources department, help ensure that there is a mechanism in place for disciplining instances of noncompliance (including the failure to prevent, detect, or report any noncompliance), appropriate to the nature and extent of the deviation and ensure consistency in the application of disciplinary action
- Work with the human resources department to ensure a workforce with high ethical standards, including the establishment of minimum standards for conducting appropriate background and reference checks on potential employees
- In conjunction with the legal team, interface and, when appropriate, negotiate with external regulatory agencies.
Requirements / Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Finance, Business Management, or a related field.
- 3 – 5 years’ proven experience in a compliance officer role.
- Good knowledge of legal requirements and procedures.
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills.
- Highly-analytical with strong attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
10th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.