Vesa Fisheries Limited is a frontline player with head office in Benin-City, Edo State, involved in sales and marketing of frozen foods and other products have the vacancy for the post below:
Job Title: Transport Officer
Location: Benin City, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Expectation Summary
- The Transport Officer will be responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organisation.
- This includes managing the fleets, budgets, organising schedules & routes, ensuring that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements, and making sure that drivers are aware of their duties.
He/she will be expected to:
- Manage the various fleets within the transport department
- Train and advise drivers to adhere to high ethical standards and comply with national traffic laws.
- Develop forecasts, logistic objectives and plans to meet management set goals.
- Deploy drivers.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / HND qualification with 4 – 5 years work experience.
- Be meticulous and detailed
- Possess high dosage of emotional intelligence in dealing with drivers
- Possess adequate management skills.
- Stay abreast with HSE policy of the company and ensure maximum compliance
- Proficiency in the use of computers and Microsoft Office suite.
- Ensure vehicles are inspected for damage and cleaning after every trip (Jockey wheels, tow coupling, tyres, spares etc)
- Basic experience in mechanical dynamics of machines and trucks
- Highly proactive and frugal.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Role and Location as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be shortlisted and contacted.