|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treasury Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Department: Finance – Consolidation, Treasury & Tax – Consolidation, Treasury & Tax
- The Treasury Officer will proactively take ownership of a range of duties including but not limited to the resolution of banking and financial service inquiries, comprehensive analysis and conclusions on operating and payments activities, and execution of treasury compliance activities related to banking, payments and investments.
- Proactively monitor cash management processes, identifying non-standard activity, exceptions or non-compliance to cash, banking and treasury policies, and escalating to management (optimize cash management processes and systems).
- Manage the daily cash flows/ liquidity and ensure the availability of funds to meet the company’s operations and all likely contingencies.
- Prepare cash forecasts and manage cash flows/cycles ensuring availability of adequate funds to meet daily operational requirements.
- Identify the need and request funds from Group Treasury as required.
- Validate all supplier and vendor payments and ensure that all requests for payment are supported with valid invoices/ receipts and other supporting documents in line with financial policies.
- Oversee the disbursement of cash ensuring compliance with defined policies and procedures.
- Establish and manage relationships with key bankers and investors.
- Participate/ provide inputs in the review of the company’s bankers ensuring compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Continually identify new banking service opportunities and provide recommendations and/ or business cases for the adoption of such services.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Finance
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics or other related disciplines.
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA).
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience.
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the bank industry.
- Strong finance and accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Strong data analysis and modelling skills.
- Sound business acumen.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online