Kwik Delivery – We are a new start-up platform company in the logistics market in Nigeria committed to offering reliable and secure parcel shipping services within large metropolitan areas. Operations started in Lagos in Q2 2019.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice – President, Fleet Operations
Location: Lagos, Nigeria On-site 3
Job Type: Full-time
Who You Are
- You are a process-oriented, data-driven operations & logistics manager who is ready to roll up your sleeves, join a passionate team, and build a business at light speed while tackling the large Nigerian parcel shipping market.
- You not only possess a rare combination of analytical thinking, creative problem solving, detail orientation and interpersonal skills, but can also drive a core part of our business: making sure our amazing services are available and perfectly executed to our customers conveniently and seamlessly.
What You’ll Do
- Own day-to-day operations, employee management, and constant margin evaluation of delivery operations, communicating business status and progress to the COO
- Own our fleet operations team, including external delivery partners and all internal operations, while working alongside our Sales, Marketing & Engineering on strategy and delivery timelines
- Enable efficient and accurate schedules/routes, which minimize drive times and mileage
- Provide accurate and timely operational and financial reporting while holding delivery team accountable to KPIs & Quality of Service Metrics
- Use data to drive improvements to delivery operations and ensure high-quality customer experiences, delivery protocols, driver support and best practices
- Work to minimize costs, improve services and process efficiencies
- Motivate, coach and mentor staff on all levels.
What You’ll Bring
- BA / BS Degree in Engineering, Transport Management, Operations or Analytics, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing transportation operations to ensure lowest-cost and on-time delivery
- 3+ years of experience managing relationships with partners or 3PLs
- Strong understanding and experience of developing and managing metric-orientated logistics processes and the ability to measure, analyse, improve, control and take ownership of the delivery processes.
- Experience in managing fleet 2 wheels & 4 wheels
- Ability to effectively manage hourly employees
- Natural leader with the ability to motivate and lead a team, even indirect reports
- Ability to take initiative and be flexible in a constantly-changing work environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong knowledge of excel / google sheets and ease with a variety of tech platforms, including accounting and reporting
Life at Kwik
- Join a diverse, passionate & driven team of all backgrounds
- Casual work environment
- Comprehensive health benefits to fit your needs
- Competitive salary
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online