|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Eden Solutions and Resources Limited – Our client, a leading School in Umuahia, Abia State, is recruiting a highly experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Vice Principal – Academics
Location: Umuahia, Abia
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking to recruit a highly experienced Vice Principal Academics to join its team and foster a healthy learning environment for its students.
- The ideal candidate will assist the principal in the general governance and leadership of a school.
- Experience as a vice principal is often a prerequisite for advancement to a principalship.
- Vice principals are often responsible for student discipline, classroom observations, teacher evaluation and supervision, facilitating parent meetings, maintaining schedules, and handling logistical matters.
- Additionally, vice principals frequently serve as testing coordinators, training staff on procedures related to standardized assessment, as well as accounting for testing materials. In addition to these duties, assistant principals are instructional leaders.
The post holder would be expected to:
- Have overall leadership responsibility for Student Behaviour and Attitudes
- Provide strategic leadership and operational management to promote a culture for learning and pupil safety throughout the institution.
- Provide well-informed advice regarding national developments (Behaviour & Safety) to the Principal and SMT.
- Promote, establish and monitor systems of Quality Assurance for Behaviour & Safety to ensure high expectations are set and met and best practice observed and implemented.
- Lead strategies to improve attitudes to and behaviours for learning
- Provide strategic leadership of the institutions safeguarding and prevention policy
- Provide outstanding leadership on ‘Closing the Gap’ strategies
- Lead the Pastoral Team across the academy
- To report to the Principal and Board information about attitude to learning data as and when appropriate
- To work with the Principal and SMT to ensure the accuracy of the evidence base on which the following are based: The School Improvement Plan, The School Self Evaluation Form, reports to Board and other stakeholders, returns to the Dept of Education and relevant outside agencies.
- To manage the work of HOD’s through professional development, appraisal, raising standards and ensuring monitoring, evaluation and celebration in all areas
Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum Master’s Degree in the Education field
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a principal or in a similar role
- Knowledge of school administrative processes and national educational regulations
- Hands-on experience with MS Office and education management systems
- Attention to detail
- Great presentation and communication skills
- Crisis management
- Ability to coach and inspire
- TRCN certification is preferred.
Competitive and higher than industry rates.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in PDF format to: email@example.com using the position applied for as the subject of the e-mail