Prospa is a bank for Nigerian entrepreneurs. We’re building the financial operating system for African entrepreneurs and businesses. Using our intuitive and beautifully designed mobile and web application, entrepreneurs are able to manage all their business and banking in one place.
We are backed by Y Combinator, and some of the most well respected and prolific investors, builders and operators in the US, Africa and Europe like Immad Akund (CEO @ mercury.com), Microtraction and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Videographer (Portfolio Required)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
- We’re looking for a confident and talented Videographer to join our marketing team. As a Videographer at Prospa, you’ll be responsible for ideating and creating thoughtful and engaging video content to motivate, educate, and inspire our members.
What you’ll be doing:
- You are a compelling visual storyteller, capable of concepting and executing short and long term video and graphic content for all channels including website, paid digital media and social platforms.
- You will collaborate from creating and editing unique social/digital first content, to formatting existing footage from product campaigns and everything in-between.
- Conceptualise ideas and develop into high-quality content to support product branding and business marketing objectives.
- Present ideas via storyboards for review by the Creative Director.
- Direct and oversee shooting of video and BTS footage to capture content for campaigns, paid ads, site and social content.
- Collaborate with content marketing team and product to be able to write copy for visual content.
- Edit videos to best specifications.
- Manage monthly delivery calendar, updating with weekly brief additions.
- Be able to self-manage and estimate lead time for projects and communicate this as needed to help manage workload and expectations.
- Remain organised and keep clean project files so they can easily be handed off as needed.
- Develop and maintain post-production processes and guidelines. Maintain a digital library/server organisation of all content.
- Manage, recruit and vet contractors for additional in-house freelancers a needed (e.g. animators, retouchers, etc.).
Who We’re Looking For
Like everyone else on the team, you are obsessed about impact and the difference we make as a business. You will get a kick out of seeing and feeling the impact of your work as more and more people gain financial freedom and entrepreneurs and business owners grow and expand their business. As our potential candidate you inhibit a few or all of the following:
- The optimism to think bigger, the curiosity to dig deeper, and the passion to do better.
- A visual storyteller with a killer portfolio that demonstrates your ability to come up with simple, original ideas and innovative approaches across channels.
- You are a visual storyteller who can translate complex ideas into straightforward, influential content that differentiates our message in the market.
- You are naturally curious with an eye for detail and have the ability to uncover unique points of view and perspectives on relevant industry topics.
- The flexibility and professionalism to potentially work as part of a team one day and independently the next.
- A proven commitment to hard work and collaboration even when under the pressure of tight deadlines or multiple assignments.
- A wonderful attitude and an openness to feedback.
- The ability to initiate and complete a range of assignments with autonomy
- Authenticity and a love for your craft
What You’ll Need
- Must have a portfolio!
- Experience in managing the delivery of creative visual projects
- Ability to think up creative ideas to promote a brand in contemporary and stylish ways.
- Able to create visual content for social media and other digital mediums using a varied mix of video, photography, basic graphic design, and copywriting skills
- Post-production and editing of video and photography.
- Experience in designing brand visual content for web, desktop, and mobile.
- Creative thinker, articulate and persuasive, and able to communicate operational initiatives and outcomes with the team.
- Knowledge of social media and digital video platforms and trends.
- Strong understanding of digital trends, cinematography and editing principles.
- Strong experience with codecs, image types, resolutions, frame rates as they pertain to digital media, editing, packaging final deliverables, graphic and text overlays, motion tracking, blurring, sound overlays.
- You have good knowledge and hands on experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro and Other tools.
- Ability to multitask several creative projects
- Excellent creative skills and a great eye for detail
- Experience of design and video editing as well as creating content for the web
- Confidence using applications such as Adobe After Effects
- A team player.
- Medical cover
- Wellness perks
- Paid time off (leave days)
- Career development & opportunities.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online