|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Canonical – We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means ‘humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world’s biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world’s most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation – Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it’s the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Visual Designer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
About the Design Team
- Canonical and Ubuntu are central to modern tech – from cloud to the internet of things, from the web to mobile back-ends, from development to production.
- The design team at Canonical crafts the user-experiences of sophisticated technical specialists across a wide range of industries and geographies. Canonical delivers Ubuntu, and a range of tools – for engineers, admins and enterprises – to help businesses move to an open source stack.
- Your opportunity is to shape the user experience across the enterprise infrastructure and application operations landscape. There are challenges at every layer of the stack – from bare metal data center operations, to virtualisation infrastructure and cloud, to the desktop, to systems management, to serverless and embedded connected devices.
- Canonical designers work on a range of products, using common visual and web frameworks to create consistency of experience across a very wide range of capabilities.
- Our team, centered in Europe, has specialists in visual and ux design, and front and back end development. We collaborate, as product design squads, with global distributed development engineering teams. Designers need to be effective working collaboratively in a digital space. We travel to engineering sprints and summits for face to face time.
- We count on our team to bring together deep design-thinking, technical domain knowledge, with great instincts, through a rigorous process – to shape products for a very demanding audience. You’ll fit in if you have equal appetites for design, innovation and technology.
- We make enterprise-grade open source available to people everywhere. We are looking for an expert Visual Designer who is fluent in current design thinking, with an appetite for technology and innovation, and who wants be part of an outstanding team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Design or STEM
- Excellent academic results at school and university
- Knowledge and passion for user experience, technology and design
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement – curious, flexible, scientific
- Drive to finish work and celebrate success
- Engagement with the latest design research and innovation
- Exceptional design talent and production skills
- Visual Designers at Canonical have a vital role in the success of Ubuntu, our partners, customers and the larger Ubuntu community. Clear, stylish presentation that aids the user experience of our products is how we raise the bar and reach the widest audience. Real content and information will be at the core of the designs you produce.
- You know the ins and outs of typography, colour and layout, and you care deeply about usability, accessibility and web standards. You should have agency, company or freelance design experience.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to shape a company and products with a strong influence in the open source community
- An inclusive work environment
- Learning and development
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online