Chemonics International – We’re one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehousing and Distribution Analytics Associate
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has four task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
- The Situation Room is a special unit in the Abuja field office established to create real-time visibility into 3PL activities and costs, made up of cross-functional staff, to form a centralized, cloud-based hub for 3PL cost analysis and tracking.
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Warehousing and Distribution Analytics Associate to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) in Nigeria.
- The Warehousing and Distribution Analytics Associate will capture/process submitted invoices/PODs, ensure that all Invoices are received on time and updated accordingly on the database.
- The Warehousing and Distribution Analytics Associate will also ensure that the information on the invoice corresponds with the information on the Purchase order i.e. client details, description of goods/services provided, pricing etc.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Update the database with Invoices and PODs received
- Provide quantitative review of PODs after monthly submission of invoices and ensure they correspond and consistent to the number of health facilities 3PL charges
- Crosschecked rates (as stipulated in the 3PL’s subcontract) against the number of site deliveries made by the transport 3PL to ascertain accurate amount to be billed
- Prepares calculation sheet, inspection form and memo, and equally ensure amount on invoice, calculation sheet and memo are the same
- Ensure cost allocation/split are based on Last Mile Distribution (LMD) volume for each cycle as provided by the MIS team
- Ensure final version of the Reconciliation Spreadsheet and POD must be included in the invoice package
- Escalate problematic invoice/PODs queries for resolution before approval for payment; clarify if the discrepancy was based on a mutually agreed review of distribution plan or if otherwise. In this case, it is expected that prior to the commencement of the activity, there must have been a communication between all parties to review the distribution plan
- Keep track of all outstanding invoices and carry out follow-up actions
- Ensure completeness in the documentation of invoices submitted to the finance team for processing following the checklist
- Perform other tasks as directed by Warehousing and Distribution Analytics Manager
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual
- Support achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance
- Updates the Payment Request Form which is a drop down of the Subcontract ceiling amount and notifies Procurement Unit where modification may be needed
- Communicate with the vendor on missing deliverables in support of level 1 review i.e., missing PODs, Vehicle Inspection Forms, incorrect rates etc.
- Assist in reconciliation of vendor statements against invoices logged onto the database
- Ensure all invoices logged onto the database have existing orders and are a match before carrying out level 1 reviews.
- Work closely with W&D and Procurement to resolve invoicing issues that require vendor action
- The Warehousing and Distribution Analytics Associate will report to Warehousing and Distribution Analytics Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related field
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project required
- Fluency in English is required
- Good Communication skills
- Good Analytical skill
- Statistics ability
- Experience in use of Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft word
- Good knowledge in Logistics
- Excellent Mathematical skills
- Good customer relations
- Excellent use of Data Entry computer software/applications
Application Closing Date
3rd February, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online