CWAY Water is undoubtedly today rated as the No.1 Nigerian market brand for 18.9 litre dispenser refilling water and dispenser machines. CWAY Water company is currently the Nigeria’s largest and the most advanced Refilling Water Plant in operations with daily sales stands at thousands of tons of treated drinking water and thus contributing immensely improving the healthy lifestyle of numerous Nigerians.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Welder
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a skilled Welder to cut and join metals and other materials at our facilities or construction sites.
- You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision.
- Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure.
- A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions.
- The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
Requirements and Skills
- SSCE qualification with 2 – 3 years work experience
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Proficient in English
- Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus.
N50,000 – N60,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
13th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.