Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health programs, education, research, and livelihood initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are recruiting qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer – HIV Self-Testing
Department: Global Fund
- The successful candidate will provide HIV Testing Services to all clients willing to conduct HIV test, provide quality counselling and psychosocial support to clients and refer clients for appropriate additional psychosocial and clinical support.
- The ATO-HIVST will assist in the coordination of community outreaches and campaigns, collaborate with other health care professionals (doctors, nurses, social worker, community health care worker, home-based caregiver, psychologist.) in maintaining treatment protocol.
- Also, he/she will support adherence counselling for patients on HIV treatment and document the session outcomes in the counselling form, keep comprehensive directory of facilities offering ART and other related prevention services and provide support to decentralized HTS points to provide quality services and support (where needed) in ensuring a coordinated inventory management and supply of RTKs and consumables to HTS sites.
- The ATO-HIVST will identify clients who are defaulting and furnish team with relevant information for intervention, communicate weekly updates to supervisor by noting challenges encountered, making recommendations and planning for the next weeks’ activities and prepare monthly reports on services rendered for submission to supervisor.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology or other related disciplines with a 2 – 3 years’ experience
- Experience in HTS and adherence counselling and child and youth development is an advantage
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
Friday; 14th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-PCTJobs@ahnigeria.org using their Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
Click Here for More Information
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the JOB TITLE and LOCATION clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.