FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer, Nutrition – CMAM
Location: Gamboru Ngala, Borno
Job type: Full-type
Supervisor: Technical Officer, Health & Nutrition Services
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health, Protection and Nutrition interventions
- Position is responsible for providing quality CMAM – E services at community and facility levels. The incumbent will engage in treatment of SAM children at the OTP or SC as deemed necessary and will work with other team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead community outreach activities, MUAC screening/Active case finding for malnutrition in children under-5.
- Provision of OTP services in target communities/IDP camp.
- Provide quality care for SAM patients admitted in the stabilization centre.
- Lead micronutrient supplementation including MNP distribution.
- Identify training needs and build technical capacity of CMAM Assistants, support group promoters, CNMs, and Lead persons.
- Support the development of case studies and success stories from program implementation.
- Develop network with other actors in the operational area as well as community leaders/representatives
- Ensure Gender mainstreaming in nutrition, and integration of Health and WASH into nutrition program.
- Engage in community dialogue, sensitize stakeholders/community on nutrition in emergency activities and specific humanitarian programs implemented by FHI 360.
- Take monthly physical inventory of all nutrition supplies ensuring stock levels are accounted for and adequate.
- Support M & E unit during surveys, assessments, FGDs including preparation and submission of timely reports.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
- Inform TO HNS of any professional problems encountered.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc Degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics, MBBS, Nursing or closely related field with 1-3 years’ experience in CMAM/SAM preferably in the NGO sector. Must have a valid practicing license. Experience working with a humanitarian organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Ability and willingness to stay at the LGA is required.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to distribution sites.
- Excellent spoken and written Local dialects and English languages.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience working in clinical setting is an asset.
- Ability to prepare weekly and monthly program reports.
- Be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online