Bankly is a financial technology company pushing the boundaries in cash digitization and data led consumer services. Since 2019, Bankly has been focused on building the infrastructure to serve Nigeria’s informal segment and so far we’ve served ~35000 customers across our network of ~15,000 agents around Nigeria. We’re building a bank for the financially underserved.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Developer
Employment Type: Full-time
- You’ll be building payment and digital products with a focus on the Backend while being part of a team of awesome software engineers, developers, Data scientists, Product managers and Designers who’ll optimize relevance and innovate on new discovery experiences.
- Build software products leveraging latest and innovative technologies
- Work closely with product managers and data analysts and other software engineers to build new products and improve the overall existing product
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- May contribute to product architecture and technical architectures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent academic achievement.
- Demonstrated verifiable reputation for integrity.
- Minimum of five (5) years building software products with key experience in building payment systems
- Minimum of seven (3) years of experience working through the requirement, design, development, QA & UAT testing, implementing and delivering in release cycles, and to customers;
- Knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Experience working in an agile team a must.
- Experience building Microservice based services
- Knowledge of core software applications, including Oracle JDE/Fusion, marketing tools,
- Knowledge of database design and file management techniques.
- Experience working with Docker and Container orchestration.
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall, Lean, and Scrum etc..
- Ability to receive and relay detailed information through verbal and written communication.
- Communicate clearly and effective in person, by telephone, by computer and in writing.
- Ability to perform under stress and adopt effective courses of action.
- Effectively interact with others in an interactive office.
Application Closing Date
12th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.