|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Moove is on a mission to make Africa and other emerging markets more productive and successful by redefining access to auto finance and vehicle ownership. Our starting point is a technology-enabled lending model to radically transform the availability of auto finance and vehicles for on-demand ridesharing services across tier 1 African cities. By doing so, Moove is creating sustainable jobs for mobility entrepreneurs in the mobility sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Developer, Python / Django
About the Role
- Moove is looking for experienced professionals with strong business acumen and an entrepreneurial attitude to be the Python Backend Developer (Django framework), reporting to the Engineering Manager.
- As a proven result-driven person, the Backend Developer will be integral to the end-to-end development of our best-in-class enterprise platform which will serve our drivers, business clients, partners, and executive team.
- The ideal candidate for the role will be someone who is a tech expert, and who also has deep knowledge and experience with building scalable and fault-tolerant backend platforms as well as the development of internal and external APIs with major emphases on real-time data.
- Our ideal candidate has to be very experienced in Python (Django) as well as considerable experience integrating with RESTful APIs, working with Docker, and GraphQL.
- Experience working with real-time data, data pipelines, and databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB) are highly desirable but more than anything, we are looking for a developer who has the ability to research and quickly create PoCs that will work best for our needs.
- In this role, you will dig deep into the building of structures required to make a system application needed by the organization more efficient, effective, and amazing.
- If you’ve got excellent communication skills, some big ideas, and an uncanny knack for database management, this is the role for you!
- We are looking for an experienced Python/Django Developer who will work as part of a team and help in designing, developing, and delivering the technology and applications that totally powers every aspect of the business from driver onboarding and registration to real-time maintenance and analytics, and also be a representative and ambassador for the team across the company as well as to external stakeholders.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design, prototype, and architect scalable and fault-tolerant platforms that work seamlessly on web and mobile platforms
- Designing and developing complex data pipelines to merge, enrich, query, and visualize data from multiple sources and formats
- Designing and developing Inbound & Outbound APIs
- Collaborating with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
- AWS (EC2, Elastic Container Service, S3)
- Python (Django)
- Git, Github Actions, Docker
- PostgreSQL / Dynamo DB
What You will need for this Position
- 3+ years of overall development experience which ideally includes working with a dynamic programming language
- Excellent Documentation skills
- A lot of experience working with RESTful APIs for data access
- Experience integrating Python (Django) & PostgreSQL Database
- Extensive experience in Django framework
- Experience integrating with AWS services and good understanding of Github Actions
- Understanding and experience of container services e.g Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of SQL and database technology such as Postgres / Dynamo DB
- Experience with agile development methodologies with Test Driven Development (TDD) and CD (Continuous Delivery)
- Great Communicator: Ability to work independently on assigned tasks while keeping stakeholders informed of progress, setbacks, and updated timelines.
Who You’ll Be Working with:
- Directly reporting to our Engineering Manager, and closely working with our Tech Team.
About the team
- Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt vehicle ownership and make cities better.
- Moove is strongly committed to diversity within its community.
- The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
Application Closing Date
7th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Pre-hiring Notice: Moove relies on the accuracy of the information contained in employment applications, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and during employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any information or data provided by an applicant may result in the applicant being excluded from further consideration for employment or if an individual has already been hired, termination of employment.
- EEO Statement: Moove is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political affiliation or any other protected characteristic.
- Females are strongly encouraged to apply