|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Capital Markets Officer
Position Number: 50078331
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position Grade: PL6
- The Vice Presidency for Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization is central to the Bank’s mission of developing the private sector, improving infrastructure and accelerating industrialization.
- The complex main functions are to (i) strengthen the enabling environment for private sector [and financial sector] development conducive to inclusive growth and sustainable development, (ii) support the development of reliable and sustainable infrastructure, including cities and urban development, and (iii) place renewed emphasis on industrial and trade performance in support of structural transformation across Africa.
- The Complex leverages knowledge, co-financing, and partnerships to attract private capital and work with governments on delivering the Bank’s development agenda.
The Hiring Department
- The primary role of the Financial Sector Development Department is to help the Regional Member Countries (RMCs) increase the reach, depth, and breadth of their financial systems, while safeguarding financial stability. The Department has four long-term objectives: (i) development of a vibrant private sector through an inclusive access by households and enterprises to financial services; (ii) strengthening markets participants; (iii) developing efficient capital markets, and (iv) deepening regional financial integration.
- Paired with other Industrialization, infrastructure and Private Sector complex departments, the Department is responsible for implementing the Bank Group’s Financial Sector Development Strategy (FSDPS) towards vibrant, innovative, robust and competitive financial systems, both national and regional, and in both the public and private sector levels of RMCs. FSD plays a transversal role across the Bank’s five strategic priorities, applying its financial deepening and access tool kit to the High Five (H5) agenda.
- Fundamentally, the scalability and policy momentum inherent in the H5 agenda create an important opportunity for expanded relevance of the FSD core skill-set: flexible financing instruments and delivery frameworks for financial inclusion, smart resource mobilization and capital markets development. The department leverages partnerships to bring about greater developmental impact in financial sector development.
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, the Capital Markets Officer will perform the following duties:
- Supporting in in the preliminary evaluation of both lending and non-lending projects (including technical assistance). This involves the initial screening of project applications, carrying out of desk reviews and evaluation of feasibility studies, preparing preliminary evaluation notes for presentation to the Department Management Team and more detailed project concept notes to obtain concept clearance for full appraisal or fact-finding missions.
- Supporting in the planning and execution of appraisal and fact-finding missions. This includes developing terms of reference for the mission team and coordinating its work. The officer will be responsible for assessing the risks of projects and advising on the appropriate structure and conducting preliminary negotiations with sponsors.
- Participating in the preparation of project appraisal reports for presentation to the Department, the various review committees and finally to the Board of Directors.
- Supporting the origination, development, structuring and execution of innovative financial structures and transactions, including using risk management instruments for both private and public sector clients.
- Co-leading transactions through the project life cycle and developing relationships within the Bank
- Maintaining knowledge of African capital markets/transaction structuring and provide market intelligence.
- Provide support to other duties as assigned by the Division Manager
Competencies (Skills, Experience and Knowledge)
- At least a Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Financial Economics or any other quantitative degree in the related fileds.
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant professional experience.
- He/she should have the ability to interact effectively with and maintain good working relationships with development partners, countries, the private sector and other stakeholders; and facilitate contacts and meetings.
- Knowledge of the structuring and execution of debt and equity investments in projects and programs of the capital markets sector.
- Professional Expertise: Continually increase understanding of the products, practices and relevant systems / technologies.
- Strategic thinking skills developed as part of the implementation of viable projects and programs.
- Communication: Provides clear and concise oral and written communication; presents oral information with clarity and appropriate style and adapts language and style to suit the requirements of a particular audience.
- Problem solving: Applies business knowledge to the resolution of problems and identifies solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization.
- Client orientation: Ensures that the client is considered to be of primary importance in all transactions and interactions. Strives to understand, and when appropriate, anticipate client needs, and ensures that the client receives the best possible service from the Bank.
- Team working and relations: Works with others to maximize the effectiveness of the team as a whole, sharing the knowledge and workload. Develops strong working relationships with colleagues and contributes to creation of a positive team environment. Ability to work and cooperate with others from diverse background.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and coordination skills.
- Integrity, and ability to work under pressure and to deliver timely quality services.
- Ability to work accurately, methodically and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal professional communication in French or English with a working knowledge of the other.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
Application Closing Date
12th June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.