PalmPay is an Africa-focused fintech firm, launched in 2019. PalmPay is a mobile payments platform that offers a number of financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chargeback Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are recruiting an experienced Chargeback Officer to efficiently maintain contact with all relevant units & departments for the management of chargebacks and other deductions/receivables.
- The ideal candidate would be responsible for maintain ongoing communication with Merchants and Agents while resolving discrepancies to ensure all chargeback deductions are analysed and reconciled.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively resolve all claims in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop reports and analysis to support metric tracking statistics to management as requested in order to advise as to the status, volume, and potential accrual needs of future chargebacks, rebate, fees, and other payments
- Review transaction errors daily, and research the cause of the issues.
- Thoroughly researching and processing of chargebacks to resolve valid submissions, authorized deductions and adjusting entries.
- Collect account statements from customers periodically and timely reconcile discrepancies with customer
- Analyze, validate and issue credit memos and checks for rebates, fees, and other related items.
- Send reminders to customers regarding upcoming payment dues and statements to outstanding customers.
- Initiate collections on past-due accounts.
- Monitor and report deviations from transactions standards
- Reconcile all pending transaction issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Line Supervisor/Manager.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration and other related fields.
- A minimum of 2 years of fraud prevention and /or chargebacks related to online credit card fraud/finance or bank related experience is required.
- Must have basic proficiency with Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong math and solid analytical skills are essential.
- General understanding of end-to-end commercial contract operations management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in utilising data management tools.
- Ability to use varieties of technology and software programs.
- Customer service skills.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online