Anadach Group – Our client is a multi-specialist Medical Care Provider in Lagos that places strong emphasis on the delivery of high-quality patient-centered care.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Nursing Officer
Locations: Gbagada, Isolo & Agege – Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Managing Director
- Our client is seeking to fill the role of Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) whose job will be to focus on planning, organizing and directing the overall operations of Nursing/Patient Care Services and maintaining clinical and patient-care standards.
- To oversee Nursing operations and promote excellence in our facility while ensuring compliance with patient care quality standards from neonates to geriatrics care.
- The Chief Nursing Officer will work to ensure that all patients are treated with compassion, dignity and respect placing value on the diversity of the local community and beyond.
- The selected candidate will promote best practice in the prevention of infection through ensuring a clean and safe environment.
- The CNO’S key responsibility is to ensure that the patient experience is of the highest quality, inspiring patient and public confidence and work to transform the nursing practice.
Duties and Responsibilities
Strategy and Service Improvement:
- Collaborate with the Head of Care Division in developing service and business Strategy.
- Participate in service improvement projects or development programs that contribute to the modernization of patient services, providing both professional and clinical advice.
- Work closely with the Chief Operating Officer and other Leaders to meet corporate initiatives and targets.
- Prepare Equipment listing for new locations and work with Facilities and Project Management teams in optimizing our equipment purchasing plans.
- Develop, maintain, and implement nursing policies and procedures that conform to current standards of nursing practice and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Daily rounds to observe quality of care. Regular on the job practical training by maintaining good presence on the wards/units.
- Assist in annual expense budgeting and maintain efficiency in nursing operations.
Risk & Clinical Governance:
- Maintain standards for patient care in clean and safe environment.
- Manage and report any risk issues to the Managing Director, Chief Operating Officer or Chief Medical Officer in a timely manner.
- Lead on the implementation of patients’ safety strategies by creating and implementing Standards Toolkit, Saving Lives and Clinical Indicators.
- Ensure all nurses understand and adhere to the established nursing protocols
- Ensure all nurses understand specific adverse event reporting mechanisms.
- Work with the Nursing Supervisory Council and Medical Council as required.
- Communicate, interpret, monitor implementation of policies and procedures.
Professional Leadership and Staff Management:
- Participate in Management Committee meetings and other performance meetings.
- Be a visible leader who is accessible to patients, visitors, and nursing staff.
- Performance management and continuous performance review/appraisal of Nurses.
- Review current nursing contracts and create performance objectives.
- Develop and train other nurses especially the senior nurses to maintain a leadership pipeline.
- Review skill mix and deployment of staff within the different departments.
- Ensure nurse roster and call schedule adheres to hospital guidelines and is cost effective
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of nursing personnel.
- Direct the training and instruction of nursing students.
Education and Training:
- Undertake training needs analysis of Nursing teams in conjunction with Nursing educators, medical director, and other heads of departments.
- Support the development and implementation of education and training programs within the area of responsibility for nurses and midwives, be responsible for developing own skills and knowledge and contribute to the development of others.
- Work with the Human Resource Team to create mandatory courses, appraisals and competency documents and a medicines management test.
- Work with the Human Resource Team to monitor and regulate training and development of all staff to ensure all nurses are competent in acute care skills and have passed their various training tests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from an accredited school.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing/Public Health/Administration preferred.
- Courses/ Seminars in Nursing care and Management.
- Current Nigeria Nursing Council License
- Other Certifications will be an added advantage.
- 15 – 20 years Professional nursing experience (at least five spent in senior management position in nursing administration or comparable management positions in established institutions).
- Experience in training and critical care management is important.
- Exposure to foreign Hospital Management settings is an added advantage.
- Special Requirements:
- Interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- People manager, open to direction and commitment to getting the job done
- Commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace
- Ability to dispassionately challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Effective delegator of duties to achieve results
- Ability to multitask and function in a high-pressure environment
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter (Quoting the Job Title) and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and their Name as the subject of the email.
- Candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Further enquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.