Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party – Ending Nigeria Ocean Plastics Pollution (ENOPP) Activity
Job Code: 7284
About the Project
- DAI is seeking expressions of interest from qualified Chief of Party candidates for anticipated USAID project in Nigeria focused on ending ocean plastic pollution in Nigeria.
- It will cover the overarching goal of developing, testing, and implementing new models to promote the 3Rs (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) in plastic waste management and enhanced solid waste management (SWM) in Nigeria.
- The proposed project will be implemented for a period of 5 years, covering different cities in Nigeria.
- Provide overall leadership, strategic technical direction, overall coordination, and management of the project.
- Manage the project’s implementation, including overall responsibility for personnel, efficient budgeting and financial management, and contract compliance.
- Develop strategic goals and ensure that the project complies with all USAID regulations.
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate project adjustments, as required.
- Serve as the principal liaison with USAID and key stakeholders, ensuring the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements in a timely manner.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant subject matter related to Environmental Management, Waste Management, Recycling, Public Administration, Urban Planning, Engineering, or other related fields.
- Minimum of 15 years of project experience, preferably in Nigeria or other Sub-Saharan African countries.
- Previous experience in one or more of the following technical disciplines: solid waste management, circular economy, municipal management, urban service delivery, public policy and governance, sustainable livelihoods, urban planning, and/or other relevant technical areas.
- Strong familiarity with building capacity and commitment for Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling (3Rs), circular economy, and solid waste management.
- Minimum of 7 years in senior-level role leading and managing complex development programs and multi-disciplinary project teams, preferably as a Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party for a USAID-funded project or equivalent position with other donors.
- Ability to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to synthesize technical and management data for a range of audiences.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online