The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of the Parliament in 1960 to complement public authorities in humanitarian interventions with the mandate to prevent and alleviate human suffering at times of peace or conflict, and to support individuals and communities to respond effectively to emergencies, without any form of discrimination as to class, gender, race, political opinions or religion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Coordinator, Security & Intelligence
- The Coordinator Security and Intelligence will be responsible for ensuring maximum protection and security of the entire NRCS property, staff and volunteers.
- He/She will develop and implement strategies for obtaining and managing proactive security information which will be distilled into actionable intelligence for the successful and positive deployment to NRCS operational locations across Nigeria.
- The Coordinator Security and Intelligence has the following responsibilities:
- Develop and deploy security risk management assessments across all areas of operations for the Nigerian Red Cross
- Identify best practices and determine the appropriateness of increased security controls via cost/benefit and risk analysis
- Support your Line Manager in achieving complete security intelligence management in accordance with NRCS plans and compliance and adherence to legislation and agreed regulatory bodies processes and procedures
- Develop emergency procedures and ensure readiness of incident responses for Red Cross operations
- Plan and implement security measures for special and high-risk program activities of the NRCS
- Coordinate security efforts across the organization in line with the safer access objective of the Red Cross Movement
- Provide and share intelligence reports with NRCS SMT to ensure assets, personnel and operations are protected from crime, violence and other operational risks within the NS
- Act as the NRCS focal point for the Safer Access program of the Red Cross in Nigeria
- Provide the Secretary General support with regular intelligence and management reports to guide decisions on security issues.
- Identify and report on potential areas of security vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and address management as appropriate
- Establish effective working relationships with all relevant security agencies in the various areas of field operations for the NRCS
- Maintain relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies
- Examine security equipment and facilities to ensure they are easily accessible and safe
- Respond to medical emergencies, bomb threats, fire alarms, or intrusion alarms, in accordance with emergency response procedure
- Introduce new tools, gadgets and technology for relevant personnel for efficient identification, response and mitigation of security concerns during field operations
- Actively work towards the achievement of the NRCS goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross Fundamental Principles and NRCS Statutes
- Show capacity to assist other members of staff and management, aptitude for maintaining cooperation and team spirit necessary to achieve the objectives of the National Society
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by Line Manager
Key Performance Areas:
- Safety of NRCS staff, equipment and records
- Number of unforeseen security threats NRCS staff are exposed to during field operations
- Prompt intelligence and response during security emergencies
- Timeliness of daily/weekly security reports to HQ and branches
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree in Social Sciences, Law, or similar from a reputable institution
- Professional security certifications will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years progressive experience in armed forces security, military police, or with a major law enforcement; not below the rank of a Major or Commissioner of Police,
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in security management in the private sector or with large organizations
- Experience in Safer Access Framework (SAF)
Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in the use of MS office and data analysis tools
- Strong knowledge of security operations, policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of local security ordinances, regulations and laws
- Demonstrated crisis and emergency management skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English (multiple Nigerian languages an added advantage)
- Strong judgment and ability to identify and analyse problems and to think strategically to anticipate, interpret and develop strategic responses to issues
- Ability to persuade, influence, negotiate, manage and sustain effective, successful strategic relationships both internally and externally
- Knowledge of project management
- Understanding of program functions in a humanitarian/ development context
- Articulate when communicating, and a curious and effective listener
- Ability to protect the reputation of NRCS through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- High ethical standards and honesty in handling the organizational resources and zero tolerance to corruption
- Culturally sensitive, globally minded and showing respect to the views and opinions of others
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Application Closing Date
18th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Position Applied For / Name of Applicant as the subject of the email.
- Pay close attention to job description requirements as applicants that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
- Applicants who fail to comply with application instructions above will not be considered.