Idmibok International is a 360° systems diagnostic and correction company. We offer holistic, pragmatic, and robust systems appraisals, to intervening in a targeted yet comprehensive manner to address critical organizational, business and development related issues. By collaborating with global and local development and private entities – such as governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, non-governmental organizations and the private sector, we draw on breadth and wealth of experience in diverse environments or ecosystems,globally and across Africa, including in South Sudan, and extensively in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analytics Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- A Data Analytics Officer will manage the processes of accurate data collection, processing, modeling and analysis.
- The ideal candidate has a talent for seeing solutions in sprawling data sets, with experience in providing impactful data insights and steering effective user acquisition and retention strategies.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to synthesize valuable insights from raw data, and the communication skills to effectively disseminate information across the team and organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support development of high-value or complex proposals or bids including proposal writing Design architecture, deploy and maintain supporting infrastructure for Idmibok International’s analytic platforms
- Automate the deployment, administration and operations of the infrastructure and analytic platforms
- Build and maintain monitoring, log aggregation, and reporting on infrastructure performance, application performance, and user behavior
- Build and maintain standard authentication and access patterns for integrations within Idmibok International’s broader data / technology ecosystem
- Administer and operationally support Idmibok International’s analytic platforms and supporting infrastructure
- Partner with the Information Technology team to maintain and support application licensing and software distribution
- Provide quality assurance of program data, working with quality assurance officers/coordinators if necessary.
- Design and manage reporting environments, including data sources, project dashboards, and metadata.
- Support programmes teams in developing data analysis plans for new projects and research activities.
- Provide analytics tools and platforms subject matter expertise to staff/team
- Develop and implement methods for educating at scale
- Provide ad-hoc support of various growth initiatives including qualitative research, survey design, web development, and more.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science / IT with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a BI, data science or analyst role in an organization .
- Master’s Degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science/IT or other related fields with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a BI, data science or analyst role in an organization.
- Knowledge of statistics, specifically experimental design, and study.
- Familiarity with common web and social tools (e.g., Google Analytics, social platform analytics).
- Experience with data analysis tools, workflows, and building dashboards using tools like Tableau.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on taking a data-focus approach
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, self-start, contribute under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of Google Drive, and Microsoft Office (especially Excel). Slack, Box and Basecamp is a plus
- Proficiency in using Python and/or R to perform data analysis
- Strong NumPy / PANDAS skills
- Strong grasp of SQL database usage
Application Closing Date
21st June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email e.g. “Data Analytics Officer”.