|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Baobab is the leading digital financial inclusion group focusing on serving individuals, micro and small businesses in Africa nd China. Our mission is to unleash the potential of our clients offering them simple and easy to use financial services. Founded in 2005 as Microcred, today Baobab has over a million customers and 3,800 employees operating in Burkina Faso, China, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast, Madagascar, Mali, Nigeria, Senegal, Tunisia and Zimbabwe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Lending Product Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Country Chief Digital officer (Hierarchical)
Group Head of Innovation and Digital Products (Functional during implementation phase)
Functional links with: Country and Group Risk Department, Group Data Department, Country Growth, Country and Group Marketing / Communication Departments and Group Lending Product Managers.
- The Digital Lending Product Manager (PM) is responsible for the performance of digital lending products of the Company (Baobab Nigeria). In order to maximize value created, the Product Manager plays an active role in optimizing the product, developing new functionalities, entering new market segments and collaborating with marketing teams to drive growth.
- The Product Manager works closely with colleagues across the Company and the Group, especially Innovation, Operations, Marketing, Risk Management, Compliance, Finance and IT. From the early stages of developing new lending products concept to beyond product launch, the PM balances the needs and goals of the product, the business and the customer’s needs.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Define lending product vision; formulate and iterate the product strategy to drive the business’s product profitability and customer experience, including:
- Identify and recommend new products or partnerships to expand product capabilities
- Identifies target consumer segments and markets.
- Ensures a continuous improvement in the products
- Driving adoption of existing product capabilities and client acquisition
- Recommendations on product pricing and positioning
- Define and monitor closely and deeply product performance KPIs and A/B tests to generate insights and iterate
- Plays a leading role in evaluating market trends, product industry, and competition strategies
- Lead research to understand customer nuances, engagement preferences, and the best way to reach, acquire and retain customers
- Perform various product analyses such as gap analysis in an effort to establish product differentiation and execution strategies, along with decision making on issues such as cost, utility, and timelines for product implementations. Conduct regular engagements with stakeholders and customers to gauge satisfaction with application products, publish the results, and implement action plans to improve satisfaction, as necessary.
- Lead the Company Product Development projects, within the Group framework, with an active participation in ideation, opportunity study, acceptance tests, pilot and Go-To-Market phases. Ensure timely execution of the Company duties, such as supporting the project selection phases (incl. business case):
- Build the backlog of functionalities.
- Define and execute prioritization processes for the product.
- Build business cases when required.
- Define functional requirements and customers journeys, together with internal Designer(s).
- Define and execute test strategy.
- Define and execute pilot or A/B tests.
- Define, play and active role and follow deployment and GTM strategy, together with Marketing and Training teams.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- 3 – 6 years professional experience, 2 – 3 years in product management of digital products (app-based preferred).
- A passion and track record of creativity and building great products.
- Some experience in financial services (especially lending) is preferred but not required.
- Data-driven and experiment-driven style to optimize for learning. Experience with data analysis tools preferred.
- Ability to adjust direction rapidly based on new learnings and insights.
- Technically conversant and able to collaborate easily with engineers.
- Highly collaborative cross-functionally and great communication skills.
- Strong attention to details and organizational skills.
Application Closing Date
21st August, 2021.