|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Emergency Manager
Job ID: 541930
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: Emergency Programme
How can You make a Difference?
- Under the direction and guidance of the (Deputy) Representative, coordinates overall country office emergency preparedness and response.
- Responsible for the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the emergency interventions, including fund-raising for emergency activities, to ensure the survival and well-being of children and mothers and affected communities in emergency.
- Provides coordination and support for policy and programme planning and management in UNICEF supported emergency programme
Summary of Key Functions / Accountabilities
- Emergency preparedness is effectively arranged together with establishment of country contingency plans and early warning mechanisms.
- Emergency preparedness and response plans addresses gender issues that may be expected to intensify during emergencies.
- Emergency plans of action are developed, and compliance and coordination of all sectors with the plans are implemented.
- Provide policy advice and guidance on emergencies and programme related to implementation of emergency preparedness measures.
- Significant improvements are made in the emergency preparedness and response capability of UNICEF staff and implementing partners through conduct of effective training activities.
- Ensure UNICEF’s presence is promptly established in the event of an emergency and the initial emergency operational tasks are effectively executed, including provision of support for information communication technology, telecommunications facility and all staff security related assistance in the country office.
- Conduct effective needs assessment to determine priorities and an appropriate intervention by UNICEF based on the local emergency situation affecting children and their families and community.
- Provide effective assistance to the (Deputy) Representative in emergency operations oversight and program management with clear accountabilities.
- Ensure emergency appeals and project proposals are prepared, and concerted efforts are put forward to mobilize donor response and recovery/rehabilitation-related funding.
- Ensure continuous, effective and strategic coordination, communication, consultation and liaison are maintained with Government, UN agencies, NGOs, donors and allies in support of the special needs of children and women affected by emergency situations within the framework of the cluster approach and based on the Core Commitment for Children.
- Keep management informed of humanitarian developments in relevant policies, situation developments, potential threats and opportunities/issues in the country.
- Ensure emergency preparedness and response strategies are mainstreamed in the country office’s workplans. Sectoral input is provided for all related documents for the office’s Emergency Preparedness and Response, as well as for the Situation Analysis and the Country Programme Document.
To Qualify as an Advocate for Every Child You will Have
- An advanced University Degree in one of the following fields: Social Sciences, Public Administration, Law, Public Health, Nutrition, International Relations, Business Administration or other related disciplines. Preferably a combination of management, administration, and relevant technical fields.
- Eight (8) years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in programme/project development, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and administration.
- Experience working in a developing country.
- Extensive experience in both stand-alone and mainstreamed emergency preparedness and response
- Experience in donor relations building and management
- Experience in inter-agency coordination mechanisms, advocacy and strategic response direction
- Experience in resilience, nexus programming and early recovery is an asset
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of the local language of the duty station. Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
For Every Child, You Demonstrate:
- UNICEF’s core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA), and
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (2)
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drives to achieve impactful results (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
Application Closing Date
22nd July, 2021 W. Central Africa Standard Time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Priority will be given to qualified female candidates to close the gender gap at the CO