The Enugu Electricity Distribution Company (EEDC) is one of the eleven electricity distribution companies that emerged after the unbundling of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN).The company is saddled with the primary responsibility of distributing and marketing electricity to end users within the five states in the South-East geo-political zone; namely: Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo, with a total of 18 Business Districts offices across these states.
Applications are invited for:
Job Title: Software Engineer
Location: EEDC Corporate Headquarters, Enugu
- Work in a Development Team to analyse User needs and develop Software solutions for efficiency of operations and to increase revenue generation.
- Implement new Systems for efficiency and excellent service delivery
- Test products in controlled, real situation before going live to avoid runtime errors
- Research and examine current systems, consulting Users for system enhancement
- Test and modify systems to ensure they operate reliably, effectively and efficiently
- Conduct fault finding and fixing of software bug for operational efficiency
- Assist Network Administrator with application installation and testing
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues to detect and fix errors for accuracy and consistencies
- Investigate and resolve Application functionality related issues, providing first level support and troubleshooting for all applications for efficiency and accountability.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of UI design, Wildfly and GitHub. Development and implementation experience of mobility solutions using Android or iOS; Knowledge of Linux OS.
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 19th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- HR Department reserves the right not to provide status updates on all applicants, but all successful applicants will receive a communication after the completion of the selection process.