|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2021, IFC committed a record $31.5 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Financial Institutions Group (FIG) is one of the major industry groups at IFC, responsible for managing roughly 40% of IFC’s overall business in terms of volume and capital at risk. FIG engages in a wide range of sub-sectors including Microfinance, SME, Gender, Climate, Insurance, Capital Markets, Housing, Distressed Assets, Payments, fintech, and other areas, with both investment and advisory services delivered to IFC’s clients through IFC’s global network.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Extended Term (ET) Consultant – Fintech Investments
Job #: req17533
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- We are looking for an Extended Term Consultant to work as an Investment Analyst for its FIG Department to work on Fintech and equity related investments on a [two] year, extendible to [three]-year contract.
- The consultant will work alongside experienced investment staff to help deliver on IFC’s ambitious program and development objectives.
Duties and Accountabilities
- The consultant will assist Senior Investment staff in delivering the FINTECH business program. This typically comprises business development, project screening, appraisal and approval, project and portfolio monitoring during build-up and operation phases, knowledge management, as well as other supporting roles as needed.
- The Consultant participates in client engagement, desktop research, memorandum and report writing, project administration using IFC’s IT tools, making and delivering presentations. Travel will be required depending on business needs.
Detailed Tasks include:
Market making and project preparation:
- Assist senior Investment staff in developing new markets and business opportunities
- Help team screen projects at early stages for financial viability, risk and developmental impact
- Analyze operations and different business models in the relevant industry
- Maintain cost and productivity data bases for the FINTECH in emerging markets
- Conduct industry, market and company research
- Participate in all aspects of IFC’s deal approval process including due diligence, appraisal, preparation of fintech Investment Committee materials and approvals
- Assist with review of project information and technical documentation during the due diligence phase – including, amongst others, review of market projections, review of project-related contract documentation, etc.
- Prepare investment-related documents for internal and external audiences
- Assist with proactive monitoring of portfolio companies including progress and operations reports; flag major issues
- Perform analytics on markets, company performance, portfolio data and storage of market and other relevant information
- Help design and maintain proper KPI database for portfolio companies and opportunities
- Work on development and update of lessons learnt database, technical handbooks, and knowledge management materials
- Complete filing and dissemination of relevant project documentation
- The Consultant must demonstrate business sense and responsiveness in interactions with others, being able to form relationships with counterparts and mid-level clients and stakeholders to exchange information needed for transaction or portfolio processing.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Finance, or similar field and relevant to the FIG equity and fintech, preferably with at least two years relevant sector experience
- Strong technical and analytical skills; good professional judgement
- Strong oral and written communication skills; fluency in English required; proficiency in additional global business languages is a plus, in particular fluency in French.
- Emerging market exposure preferred
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds
- Ability to travel on short notice
- Interest in the World Bank Group and IFC’s mission, strategy and values
World Bank Group Core Competencies:
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.
- Required Language(s): English
- Preferred Language(s): French, Arabic
Application Closing Date
23rd May, 2022 at 11:59pm UTC
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years.
- If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.