Grand Cereals Limited (GCL), a subsidiary of UAC of Nigeria PLC, is an integrated foods company whose primary activity is the creation of superior value from local raw materials to produce and deliver superior quality brands in the animal feed, edible oils, breakfast cereals, pet food and other intermediate and consumer cereals products to Nigeria and West Africa markets.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Extruder Operator
Location: Onitsha, Anambra
Function: Supply Chain
Job Class: JC 11
Reports To: Shift Production Manager – Feeds
Purpose of Job
- Will be responsible for tending to the Extrusion, Drying, Coating and Cooling process of feed manufacturing.
- Completely tends to all equipment along the Extruder, Dryer, Vacuum Coater and Cooler line to produce extruded feeds.
- Maintains an understanding of the shift’s production schedule and how it affects the work to be done.
- Adjust, calibrate and test the equipment along the Extruder, Dryer, Vacuum Coater and Cooler line at the beginning of every shift to ensure proper operation. This includes checking the functionality of control parameters like motor current and valves.
- Execute a flawless setup and changeover procedure including the use of the right dies, knives, knife speed and steam settings.
- Completely responsible for ensuring the maximum output and efficiency of all equipment along the Extruder, Dryer, Vacuum Coater and Cooler line.
- Report and act upon machine breakdowns in line with the established downtime escalation procedure.
- Use regulated cleaning solutions, air hoses, cleaning cloths to properly maintain and clean dies, sharpen knives and carry out all other necessary equipment maintenance procedure.
- Prepare and assist in the preparation of pertinent operational reports as requested by the Plant Manager or Factory Manager.
- Initiate and maintain communications with the Shift Production Manager and the Plant Manager on all concerns regarding machine performance and product quality.
Leadership & People Management:
- Train support staff on job-related tasks, including Extruder, Dryer, Vacuum Coater and Cooler operations.
- Carry out incident, accident and non-conformity investigations and the associated reporting and action closure.
- Ensure that all manufacturing processes are carried out according to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct product quality checks along the line and assure the conformance to company’s quality standards.
- Maintains the cleanliness and housekeeping of the equipment along the Extruder, Dryer Vacuum Coater and Cooler line.
Health, Safety and Welfare:
- Ensure safe working practices are maintained on the production floor.
- Take immediate actions to limit risk to personnel, plant equipment and production during emergency situations
- Responsible for the trainings and induction of team members on the company’s safety policy.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Labour Trade Test.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in related field in the Manufacturing Industry.
Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Strong Logical, Analytical and Troubleshooting skill.
- Quality and Customer Satisfaction Consciousness.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude
- Occupational Safety and Health.
- Excellent communication skills.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online