|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in under-served communities worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GBV Case Worker
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The GBV Case Worker will be responsible for case management and psychosocial support of vulnerable women, including survivors of violence, in one of the project sites in Maiduguri.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide direct, one-on-one and ongoing case management services, including safety planning
- Provide direct, one-on-one emotional support to survivors throughout case management process including final case evaluation and closure
- Provide referrals for survivors to other services including child protection and specialized mental health services, accompany of survivors where appropriate and conduct follow- up to ensure appropriate services have been provided to the survivor.
- Identify gaps in referral services and report these gaps to the GBV Manager for action.
- Liaise with community volunteers for purposes of survivor follow-up as part of case management to individual survivors.
- Ensure survivor-centered services, including adherence to guiding principles of respect, confidentiality, safety and security and non-discrimination.
- Complete and maintain case management records to maximize confidentiality and safety.
- Participate in case review meetings and referral coordination meetings if needed
- Submit case management reports on a weekly and monthly basis
- Conduct an analysis of trends of GBV incidences and related information on a quarterly basis and present report to the GBV manager for advocacy and program future program.
- Contribute to a positive team environment
- Practice self-care.
- Maintain confidentiality and ethical conduct.
- Refrain from making false promises and commitments to the beneficiaries and work in the best interest of the IMC GBV Program.
- Foster a team spirit among GBV staff that is conducive to all staff improving their skills and knowledge base.
- Being compassionate, having empathy and being patient with beneficiaries
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop the IMC/GBV program.
Communication and Teamwork:
- Ensure good communication with peers, beneficiaries, partners, and other stakeholders
- Facilitate harmonious working relationship with peers, partners, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders.
- Report problems encountered while on duty or within the team to the Supervisor
- Propose solution to solve any problem faced and report them to the Supervisor.
- Participate actively in regular staff and program meetings.
- Educated to university level (First Degree or HND preferably in Social Science or a related Field).
- Hausa language required; English language preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to helping others.
- Demonstrated discretion and good judgment.
- Experience working with survivors of GBV an asset
- Previous training/experience in GBV programming an asset.
- Comfort in living and working in Maiduguri.
- Conscientious with as excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks.
- Willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with project personnel.
- Literate and strong organizational skills.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.
Compliance & Ethics:
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps.
- As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Proactively engage with your supervisor, and key staff Program, Finance and HR/Admin on all matters to ensure that programmatic and project planning incorporates sufficient funding for assets.
Application Closing Date
22nd July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae in a single Microsoft Word Document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the Subject of their email, Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- This is a woman-only position. Qualified women applicants are encouraged to apply.
- International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Due to the urgent need of the position applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the reporting email address provided at the end of this document.
- International Medical Corps’ Reporting email address: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to the reporting email address, it will not be considered for review.