|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The National DemocraticInstitute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gender and Inclusion Long-Term Analyst (LTA): CEWA – Nigeria
Job Function: International
Department: Central & West Africa
- We are seeking a Gender and Inclusion Long-Term Analyst (LTA) for an international election observation mission (IEOM) in Nigeria. In partnership with the International Republican Institute (IRI), the IEOM will monitor Nigeria’s 2023 presidential and legislative elections to assess the degree to which they are inclusive, transparent and accountable and are conducted in accordance with international and regional standards for credible elections.
- The elections are scheduled for February and March 2023. This is a short-term assignment based in Abuja, Nigeria, from mid January 2023 through mid March 2023 for a total duration of about two months.
- The Gender and Inclusion LTA will report to the LTA Coordinator and mission directors. Primary responsibilities for this role include monitoring and providing in-depth analysis of the opportunities and barriers to gender and inclusion ahead of the elections.
- The LTA will coordinate with the five other Abuja-based analysts to ensure information and media analysis is incorporated into reports, findings and recommendations.
- When applicable, the LTA will also provide guidance to other election-related delegations on matters related to gender and inclusion.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis of women’s political participation, including diverse groups of women with intersecting identities, as voters, candidates and election workers, and of the different constraints and opportunities men and women face throughout all electoral processes
- Assess and monitor key barriers to the inclusion of internally displaced persons (IDPs), young people, persons with disabilities (PWDs), diverse groups of women and other marginalized groups, particularly individuals with intersecting identities, including challenges in election administration, access to information, and issues related to violence and intimidation.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis of key institutions’ adherence to the legal framework around gender and inclusion and analyze national legislation and laws as they relate to gender and inclusion
- Analyze the effectiveness and reach of voter education initiatives using a gender and inclusion lens
- Assess the approach of political parties and candidates regarding gender participation in the elections
- Follow the election-related work of any women-focused civil society groups or targeted efforts by other groups and organizations to contribute to analysis
- When relevant, attend meetings related to the electoral process in order to assess how and the degree to which gender and inclusion is integrated, and as well as those that relate to explicit concerns of women and marginalized groups in the elections
- Work closely with the other thematic analysts and NDI staff to ensure all areas of the IEOM and LTA research are gender mainstreamed, ensure gender is integrated into the observation and analysis, and provide dedicated gender and inclusion analysis
- Maintain regular relations with gender and inclusion analysts of other international observation missions, as well as local civil society groups focused on gender and inclusion issues
- Prepare briefing materials and talking points on gender and inclusion, and provide advice to the other thematic analysts as requested and as necessary
- Prepare regular reports as stipulated by the LTA Coordinator analyzing gender issues and women’s participation in the electoral process
- Ensure gender and inclusion are integrated into briefings and reports as appropriate, including the preliminary election day statements, final mission report and any other statements issued by the mission
- Coordinate with NDI/HQ to ensure that IEOM activities meet the standards of the Declaration of Principles and its accompanying DoP Guidelines on Gender Considerations in International Election Observation, including Violence Against Women in Elections and incorporate lessons learned in other long-term observations
- Travel to regions in Nigeria outside of Abuja as necessary
- Support the activity of the mission and of the international observers in any other aspect as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field of study related to International Development; Graduate Degree in Political Science, Gender Studies, International Relations, Public Policy, Law, or related field preferred
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working in democratic development and governance, with experience in analysis of gender and inclusion issues and political participation of marginalized groups preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a sensitive political environment
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of an internationally and culturally diverse team, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity
- Exceptional interpersonal and managerial skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of local stakeholders and foreign government personnel
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to effectively present information in a clear and persuasive manner in English
- Analytical skills for interpreting complex programmatic and political issues, and the ability to accurately convey analysis in public reports
- Experience working and living in sub-Saharan Africa preferred
- Experience as a long-term analyst or observer on an international observation mission preferred
- Working knowledge of PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications; experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, please apply as soon as possible.
- NDI is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, NDI makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state and local laws. If you need reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify NDI’s Human Resources department.