|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa. We are a small passionate team, dedicated to expanding financial inclusion in some of the global regions most in need of accessible, interoperable, easy-to-use, and affordable financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Global Head of Governance, Risk & Compliance
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
- This position supports the Legal, Risk and Compliance Function, reporting to the CCO.
- The Global Head of Governance & Risk & Compliance (Global HeadGRC) role is to lead in terms of assessing and overseeing all compliance issues across the organisation this includes providing objective risk assessments of the company’s compliance with regulatory, organisational and commercial requirements across multiple jurisdictions including Africa; North America and Europe.
- The Global Head GRC will form a new function within the Chipper, directing the development and implementation of policies, procedures, frameworks and controls to ensure the organisations practices remain observant to all pertinent local laws and industry standards.
What You Will Be Doing
- Determine and maintain an inventory of all regulatory, commercial and organisational compliance requirements.
- Work with our business owners and stakeholders to align policy and standards to the wider business objectives – enabling the business in a pragmatic way.
- Facilitate the creation and modification of all Risk, Governance and compliance and standards and frameworks.
- Create, implement and maintain a training and awareness program that educates the end-user community on relevant compliance requirements, risks and certifies their adherence to the relevant compliance controls across multiple cultures.
- Create a Chipper compliance risk assessment framework and periodically assess regulatory, commercial and organizational, inherent and residual compliance risks.
- Regulatory reporting in all jurisdictions, including for our banking partners.
- Identify associated compliance control gaps and oversee the documentation, implementation and testing of the compliance control portfolio.
- Develop and direct compliance control monitoring programs to ensure IT compliance – related risks are managed to the appropriate level of acceptable residual risk.
- Implement and maintain a compliance issue management tracking and resolution process that will address known issues, according to severity and potential impact to the organisation.
- Report the levels of risk and control effectiveness to key stakeholders such as Information Security, IT, business unit management, senior management, board of directors, legal management, regulators, internal/external auditors, etc.
- Coordinate audit-related tasks such as ensuring the readiness of organisations for audit testing and facilitating the timely resolution of any audit findings
- Provide advice and insight on compliance requirements to non-Compliance Managers such as the general counsel, chief compliance officer (CCO), chief risk officer (CRO), etc.
Regulatory Compliance Activities:
- Work with risk & compliance representatives to identify all related compliance requirements (i.e. privacy, data integrity, etc.) associated with the laws and regulations within all relevant jurisdictions.
- Ensure all related compliance policies and standards are updated, based on any relevant regulatory changes or new laws.
- Create a regulatory change management process that identifies and coordinates the modification of related techno functions, business processes and/or compliance controls.
We have four company core values, and they drive the way we work across teams and across the globe. These are:
- Lead with Empathy: We are all human. Empathy shines through in how we treat each other and our customers. When something doesn’t go as planned, we look for opportunities to learn and grow together.
- Be an Owner: This is your company too. We take initiative to make things better. We take action when something looks out of place.
- Communicate to Develop Trust: Effective, transparent communication is the foundation for building trust. We communicate early and communicate often. We share mistakes and lessons to make us more unified and stronger.
- Be Bold: We are bold because we push the limits of what we think is possible and we show up every day to chip away, in any way possible, at these impossibly hard problems.
What You Should Have
- Proven experience developing and submitting compliance reports to governing bodies, legal entities and/or external authorities
- Experience in planning, organising and developing policies, standards, procedures and practices
- Experience conducting risk assessments, including 3rd party assessments and assurance
- Exceptional leadership and relationship management experience to build and manage a talented team working across investigations, financial crime and or related control area
- Ability to translate understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives into pragmatic compliance requirements
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Able to influence, persuade and collaborate with senior business leaders and external parties to ensure solid outcomes.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online