|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
eamApt is Nigeria’s largest Agency banking operator and is now building the largest digital bank offering financial services products tailored to meet the needs of the underserved mass market – micropayments, savings, lending, insurance, pensions – using technology and low-cost offline distribution models. We believe providing financial access to the over 350 million Africans who are currently financially underserved will economically empower them and put them on a path to becoming the next generation of middle-class Africans.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Data Science
Location: Lagos (Remote)
- You will manage a range of data driven functions, including overseeing data management, creating data strategy and improving data quality.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
To succeed in this role, we think you should have:
- BSc in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools: C, C++, Java.
- At least 5 years of working experience in a data science position, preferably working as a Senior Data Scientist.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, Java etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience leading and building a distributed team of world class data scientists, data engineers and data analysts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques, and set pace for the data structure of the organisation.
What we can offer you
- Culture -We put our people first and prioritize the well-being of every team member. We’ve built a company where all opinions carry weight and where all voices are heard. We value and respect each other and always look out for one another. Above all, we are human.
- Learning – We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation – You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, health insurance, Employee Stock Options, annual bonus, plus other benefits.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
What to expect in the hiring process
- A technical interview
- A behavioural and technical interview with a member of the Executive team.
- TeamApt is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.