|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works tosave, protect, and transformlives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Human Resources
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Head of HR will provide overall strategic HR direction and will assist the Country Program’ (CP) efforts in strategic workforce planning, recruitment, talent development, employee relations, retention, and orientation/onboarding in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
- This position will technically supervise and work with all in country HR staff to strengthen the HR management capacity throughout the CP and will institute the use of CRS GPR management standards and good HR industry systems, processes, and practices.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Provide strategic guidance and coaching to guide country leadership and senior management, HR professionals, and supervisors to mitigate risk on complex HR issues, in identifying, understanding, and implementing county-program policies and practices related to workforce planning, REDI, safeguarding, performance, discipline, positive employee relations and related topics.
- Advise CP’s Leadership Team, project leads and HR department on organization and staffing structures, organization effectiveness and change management, inclusion, diversity, HR Reports and Workforce Analytics.
- Lead the development of CRS/Nigeria HR strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with CP objectives.
- Consult with CP leadership on the Performance Management process, understand and leverage Talent Management, coach employees and managers on employee relations, performance management workplace practice and policy issues.
- Monitor, review, and analyze the impact and effectiveness of HR management programs, processes, and services throughout the CP including all sub-offices and provide expert guidance, advice, coaching, and technical support in the implementation of sustainable improvement solutions.
- Understand CRS’ compensation practices and policies and improve compensation policy understanding across the country program. Lead on assessing professional development needs of HR staff and ensure focused plans for mentoring and capacity building to strengthen HR service quality and career development.
- Lead CP management efforts in ensuring culture alignment with CRS mission and guiding principles, where dignity, diversity, community and rights and responsibilities of all staff are valued.
- Act as the CP liaison with the region and a key point of contact on all HR-related matters. Provide analytical reports on HR data, metrics, and trends. Contribute to the agency’s Human Resources Community of Practice and CRS global HR agenda.
- Consult with managers and employees regarding employee relations issues to develop and sustain optimal solutions. Develop efficient and effective wellbeing strategies/initiatives to ensure maximum staff care.
- Perform HR audits to ensure HR systems, policies, processes, and practices meet agency, donor, and local legal requirements and standards and support operational excellence.
- Develop and implement an effective, timely communication system for all HR processes, including recruitment and consultancies
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none):
- Country program HR professionals.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: CP Senior Management Team and Senior Leadership Team; All CP Staff; RTA Human Resources (where appropriate), DRD/MQ, HQ/HR staff.
- External: Representatives of local government authorities; Peers from other NGOs in the country; Local legal counsel; Providers of HR-related services; CRS Partners, Consultants.
- Master’s Degree in HR Management, Business Administration or Organizational Development strongly preferred, or equivalent relevant experience and bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of seven years’ work experience in HR including emergency responses, with at least three in a senior management role with an international organization, with strong knowledge of HR best practices and standards.
- Experience with and demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and advice on employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices for various countries.
- Proven experience in presenting, facilitating, coaching, and capacity building on HR topics.
- Proven experience in developing talent management strategies and work plans.
- International NGO and/or experience outside of Nigeria strongly desired.
- Required Language–English Language
- Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 25%.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (SKAs):
- Experience in project management and change management (HR projects).
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, HRIS.
- Experience in safeguarding desired, including investigating safeguarding matters, and training staff on safeguarding
- Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision
- Excellent strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions
- Very good review, monitoring, and planning skills
- Commitment to diversity coupled with ability to translate this commitment into workforce planning and strategies
- Able to maintain confidential information
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What We Offer
- CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that iscommitted to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
- CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.