|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The International Rescue Committee has been in Nigeria since October 2012 and came in response to a widespread flood disaster. IRC’s Emergency Response Team, with local partner, Civil Society Coalition for Poverty Eradication (CISCOPE), implemented projects to support food security, livelihoods, nutrition and WASH in Kogi State. Beginning of January 2014, IRC shifted geographical location to the North East, in Adamawa state to provide humanitarian response to the conflict-affected populations. In the North East, IRC has three operational offices: Yola and Mubi field offices in Adamawa state and Maiduguri field office in Borno state-with the latter office opened in October 2015. In both states, IRC is providing humanitarian support to internally displaced populations hosted in IDP camps, camp like settings, host communities and returnee populations.
The IRC Nigeria country program is implementing multi-sectorial interventions in the sectors of: Health and Nutrition; Environmental Health; Child Protection; Education; Women’s Protection and Empowerment; Food Security and Livelihoods and Protection. Most of these programs are driven in partnership with strategic local NGOs. Currently, the IRC is expanding programs in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe state to address the needs of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and host communities in recently liberated LGAs.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC), in partnership with Plan International, the American University of Nigeria (AUN), Inclusive Development Partners (IDP), and Restoration of Hope Initiative (ROHI) is implementing activities under the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funding for the Opportunities to Learn (OTL) activity in Nigeria. Under OTL, IRC and its consortium partners will work with students, teachers, community-based organizations, local government education authorities (LGEA) and state education authorities, and the private sector to design, implement, and scale lasting results which foster a healthier, better educated population by improving learning outcomes for Borno and Yobe’s most vulnerable children and youth.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: HR Manager
Requisition ID: req20985
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Open to Expatriates: No
HR Leadership & Management:
- In collaboration with the Senior Recruitment Officers, analyze Maiduguri approach to attracting, developing, inspiring and retaining the right people with the right skills and make recommendations and implement short-term solutions to improve recruitment time to fill and quality.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly HR metrics and analysis to inform HR Lead decision-making.
- Review job position requests and submit to HR Lead with accurate form, job descriptions and make recommendations, ensuring accuracy, consistency and use of IRC JD and salary benchmarking.
- Manage benefit plans and communicate updates and conduct information campaigns for national staff.
- Oversee HR-related administrative duties and ensure compliance with existing legal and governmental reporting requirements. Ensure all legal obligations are fulfilled.
- Manage employee relations issues and conflicts with professional grace with the aim of empowering employees and supervisors to have the tools and resources necessary to resolve conflicts with mutual respect.
- Escalate code of conduct issues with HR Lead investigations and ensure issues are resolved and appropriate follow-up is carried out, in collaboration with the Ethics and Compliance Unit.
- Act as impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures and ensure it is administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and labor regulations and requirements.
- Lead exit management procedure to ensure seamless and positive transition for departing employees; apply learning gained from exit interviews.
- Implement IRC Way Training on Quarterly basis for All Field Program staff.
- Carry-out daily HR-related administrative duties such as updating contracts, generating employee reports and executing compliance-related activities with all existing legal and government reporting requirements
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
Staff Performance Management and Development:
- Coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development and guidance.
- Provide constructive feedback and counsel on appropriate career paths and professional development.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Support HR Lead to continue to pursue nationalization of senior and management positions.
- Conduct online learning campaigns to tangibly increase the percentage of staff benefiting from e-Cornell and LINGOs courses.
- Communicate frequently and regularly on HR changes, initiatives, programs and offerings.
- Model and encourage active practice of the principles of the “IRC Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct” throughout the country program.
- Maintain a healthy and empowering office environment that encourages open, honest and productive communication among IRC staff.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: DOF
Other Internal and / or External Contacts:
- Internal: Sector leads
- External: INGOs/NGOs.
The requirements should establish a baseline (minimum) for educational background, previous work experience, professional knowledge or certification, specific skills and strengths and any other skill necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in HR required. Master’s University Degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years, preferably 3 years as an HR generalist, including recruitment, performance management, compensation, training and development and HR Administration.
- Minimum 2 years staff management experience in a fast-paced environment.
- At least 2 years of experience with an international organization or international experience.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- A commitment to IRC’s mission and vision.
- Knowledge and experience with payroll, benefits administration, compensation benchmarking and utilizing HR metrics to inform decision-making.
- Strong training and development skills; experience conducting Training of the Trainer
- Experience and knowledge of recruitment process and practice, including marketing and branding.
- Proven ability to plan long-term, organize priorities and work under administrative and programmatic pressures with detail orientation and professional grace.
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity, and ability to manage complex HR situations diplomatically and to effective resolution.
- Excellent management, interpersonal and negotiation skills and a demonstrated ability to promote harmonious/cohesive teamwork, in a cross-cultural context.
- Ability to demonstrate a supportive and consultative approach with direct reports and staff at senior and junior levels.
- Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required.
- Working knowledge of Nigeria labor law.
- English fluency is required.
Certificates or Licenses:
- CIPM membership is desirable.
- Describe the work environment of the office (“Standard office work environment” will be applicable for most jobs in the U.S.) and if applicable, the housing. For example, internet connections, electricity, amenities, group housing, etc. Include travel requirements.
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online