|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIEMobisol and ENGIEPowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy.
ThePAYGosolar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Coted’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
Department: Human Resources & HSE
Reporting Line: HSE Manager
- The position holder will be part of the HR & HSE team that is based in Lagos, Nigeria, and will report to the HSE Manager.
- The successful candidate will contribute to the monitoring of health and safety, help assess risk, and design strategies to reduce potential hazards within EEA Nigeria’s Head Office, field locations and including all other Company assets.
- A successful candidate must be a detail-oriented professional with strong critical thinking skills and a demonstrated track record of effective HSE outcomes.
Key Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- Support the execution of HSE Strategy
- Execute an actionable, effective and efficient Health, Safety and Environmental strategy that will meet or exceed legislative requirements in Nigeria as well as applicable standards such as ENGIE Global Care Rules and ISO45001
- Help implement & Internal / External HSE Audits and monitor compliance
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
Execution of HSE Policies:
- Support the creation of distinct and actionable behavioural changes strategies that are appropriate for EEA employees, contractors and third parties, with a view to reducing HSE incidents and other issues that may affect public and staff safety
- Remain alert to emerging issues and global trends that might benefit or otherwise impact individual and teams work in order to ensure a safe working environment for all team members and third parties connected with our business.
Reporting and Incident Follow Up:
- Gather high-quality data from all departments to create robust health and safety metrics for reporting
- When incidents occur, conduct incident investigations and create response plans in order to reduce the likelihood of future occurrences
- Proactively assemble all documentation (both firm-level and employee-level) needed for compliance with local regulations and crisis response (including but not limited to safety records, logbooks, registers, training logs, etc).
- Create platforms for employees to report safety incidents confidentially and without fear of reprisal
Emergency and Crisis Response and Communication:
- Respond immediately to HSE incidents / accidents ensuring risk mitigation strategies are implemented in a timely manner
- Go to the field to investigate HSE accidents and other public safety concerns within the location/area
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to senior management
- Craft detailed summaries of events as required for ENGIE HSE compliance
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in any related course
- 2-4 years of HSE experience
- Knowledge of Potentially Hazardous Materials or Practices.
- Relevant HSE certification; NEBOSH, HSE 1, 2, 3 certifications is an added advantage
- First Aid Training
- Team player and self-starter
- Ability to influence, inspire and motivate people who are not directly under your responsibility
- Must be proactive and have good Knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Critical thinking skills (ability to think outside the box)
- Good problem-solving skills (solutions oriented)
- Ability to collaborate with other key departments/units (such as Finance and Admin, Security and Commercial and with employees across different levels of the organization
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Up to 40% travel required
Highly Desired Skills:
- Good people skills
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online