|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources (HR) Director
- The incumbent is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the OPEC Fund’s Human Resources strategy through defined programs, annual work plans and processes with the aim of contributing towards the institution’s strategic objectives.
- The incumbent also ensures that human resources programs and initiatives are effective, efficient, and aligned to overall business objectives, in accordance with the departmental strategy and framework.
- S/he manages three functions namely, Payroll, Compensation and Benefits, Talent Acquisition and HR Business Partnerships, and, HR Policies and Development.
Duties and Responsibilities
Functional Strategy Formation:
- Defines the short, medium and long-term objectives of the HR Unit in line with the organization’s Strategic Plan, and formulates the strategies to achieve these objectives to support the institution in reaching its strategic objectives, including the development of workforce planning strategies that deal with immediate and future human capacity requirements and planning policies.
- The incumbent also participates in the development of the Corporate Services Department strategy.
Guidance and Advice:
- Provides advice to (senior) management on the development of the strategy and plans based on reports and analyses from an HR perspective.
- Updates and recommends changes in the institution’s structure, as needed, to reflect its needs and workload through a workforce planning exercise.
Organizational Capability Building:
- Contributes to the institutional strengthening and capacity building of the OPEC Fund by developing and improving the institution’s management and institutional processes and procedures, and participates in the committees relevant to these matters.
Policies and Procedures Development and Implementation:
- Coordinates and performs the implementation of all strategic human resource related processes, i.e. talent acquisition, onboarding, learning & development, performance management, career management, and employee off-boarding, amongst others.
- Analyzes present and expected future human resources capacity needs, succession planning, and ensures the execution of recruitment and selection of employees for key positions.
- Coordinates the maintenance of policies and procedures concerning the institutional, management and human resource processes, as well as related research and studies.
- Coordinates and performs facilitation and assistance programs to the Heads of Departments/Units/Functions concerning the organizational, management and human resource processes.
- Initiates activities pertaining to employee engagement and work/life programs.
- Performs employee facilitation programs, including personal counseling for job related problems.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Maintains up-to-date information on competitive compensation practices and trends worldwide; and the monitoring of cost of living and market conditions, which affect the attainment of the OPEC Fund’s objectives in attracting and retaining high quality employees.
- Ensures that all related HR data is well and continually analyzed; prepares regular and ad-hoc reports, as necessary.
- Provides strategic and hands-on leadership to various Professionals across the HR Unit and ensures high staff engagement and performance.
- As a permanent member of the ad-hoc recruitment committee, conducts interviews with job applicants; executes the hiring administration for the selected candidates.
- Leads the HR Unit by inspiring and motivating the team to maintain the highest level of engagement with the institution.
- Carries out other tasks assigned by the Senior Director, Corporate Services Department.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration / Human Resource Management or related studies.
- 15 years relevant professional experience (institutional, management and Human Resource processes), with at least 7 years at a senior level.
- Experience from an international development institution is preferable (at least 5 years).
- Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of Arabic, German, Spanish or French is an added advantage.
- Demonstrates strong strategic and planning abilities.
- Well-versed in applying analytical and problem-solving skills to complex situations.
- Excellent communication skills that result in long-term and deep relationships with stakeholders creating trust and forming a positive long-term image/impression.
- Able to work in an international multi-cultural environment, resolving conflicts with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Able to ensure that team performance is in line with the vision and mission of the institution.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Creates team commitment and drives people’s inspiration.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online