The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administration Manager – M / F – Nigeria
Employment Type: Contract
Contract term: Contract under French law, 6 months
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Protection of Beneficiaries and Community Members:
- The incumbent is responsible for the application of the recruitment process and may be required to make field visits. He / She may therefore be in contact with children and / or vulnerable adults.
- Therefore, the criminal record check or the presentation of a certificate of good moral character will be necessary. In situations where it is impossible to provide a criminal record or a certificate of good moral character, a declaration of honor will be requested.
- In Nigeria, ALIMA is running four health and nutrition projects in Borno State (Maiduguri), Yobe state, Katsina state, Research and Lassa fever response in Ondo State, OWO. ALIMA’s teams in Nigeria represent about 20 expatriates and 200 national staff.
Mission and Objectives
- The Administration Manager is in charge of the program’s administration, finance and Human resources. Together with the Program Managers, he/she is responsible for expenditure and compiles the budget tracking reports for each program. He/she also manages cash flow.
- He/ She is responsible for the implementation of Human Resources policies in the project and the correct Administrative Management of all staff working in the project (National, International).
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Advise Project Coordinator on set up (org chart) and together with the HR Coordinator, update the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions.
- In close coordination with the Project Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, calculate the HR operational needs and the associated budget in order to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the mission and to facilitate budget following-up.
- Ensure hiring, carry out amendments and contract termination formalities for employees at project level, according to labour local laws, archiving and updating individual employee files, informing them on their rights and preparing all mandatory tax declarations, in order to ensure legal compliance.
- Assist the Project Coordinator, and/or team leaders and supervisors to draw up annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the project activities.
- Supervise/perform payroll procedures, ensuring that all data related to monthly salary calculation of national employees of the project are correctly entered in Homere (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, salary advance, etc.), in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments.
- Support, in close coordination with the HR Coordinator, the project line managers in detecting training needs, in properly evaluating people performance and in potential identification, in order to improve people capabilities, and their end results contribution to mission goals.
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the HRCo, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Together with the Project Coordinator, support the line managers in implementing the internal communication policies in order to boost staff active participation and ALIMA commitment.
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and HRCo, applies the administrative procedures part of any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in force between local partners (eg. Ministry of Health, etc.) and ALIMA.
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and HRCo, looks for the best options to avoid and/or solve possible labour conflicts in the project.
- Ensures all staff in the Project (National, International, Regional, visits, etc.) is properly briefed and/or inducted.
- Is responsible for all movements and/or accommodation of staff in the Project.
- Implement circuits and workflows (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances, purchase procedures, payment validations, follow up of regular payments, bank conciliation) in order to anticipate expenses at project level and to optimize cash needs and its security.
- Implement and supervise transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full documentary traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), following ALIMA guidelines and rules, and using the respective software in place.
- Ensures that monthly accountancy closure is taking place and controlled, with due quality and on due time.
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Finance Coordinator, analyse and follow up the project budget, in order to ensure that funds are used according to funding contracts and to proposing corrective action.
- Ensures all HR, Administrative and Financial reporting of the Project (Homere and SAGA monthly closure, SitReps, etc.).
Experience and Skills
- University Degree in Finance, Administration, and Human Resources.
- Perfect Knowledge of Saga (Finance software) & Homere (HR software).
- Perfect knowledge of MS Office package, especially Excel & Word.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Finance & HR management or in the same position.
- Experience with ALIMA or other Medical INGOs.
- Desirable working experience in developing countries.
- Ability to work as part of a team, a part of multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team, in emergency and under pressure, to manage stress easily and result oriented.
- Can work and create teamwork, flexible, and committed to the assigned position
- Languages: English compulsory, others are an asset.
Depending on experience + per diem.
ALIMA Pays For:
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please submit your CV & Cover Letter in PDF by clicking the link above.
- Female applications are strongly encouraged.
- We process applications as they are received. If an application matches our search, the offer can therefore be closed early.