Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ISS / QI Specialist – IHP Nigeria
Job Ref.: req11571
Location: Toro, Bauchi
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium seeks an Integrative Supportive Supervision/Quality Improvement (ISS/QI) Specialist for the five-year, USAID-funded Nigeria Integrated Health Program (IHP) – Task Order 3 – Toro. The goal of IHP is to contribute to state-level reductions in child and maternal morbidity and mortality and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and private) to sustainably support quality PHC services.
- The purpose of Task Order 3 is to implement priority primary health interventions in Bauchi state to strengthen the state government area (LGA), and ward level health systems. The objectives of the program are a) strengthen systems supporting primary health care (PHC) services b) improve access to PHC services; and c) increase quality of PHC services. Strong engagement and collaboration with state government is expected throughout the program.
- Task Order 3 will coordinate closely with other USAID activities and other development partner programs in the state. USAID will intentionally overlay this activity with other Mission programming to increase Government of Nigeria (GON) resources for PHC services, increase demand for PHC services, and improve access to essential commodities.
- The activity is expected to collaborate closely with those other implementing partners and will not undertake any activities already implemented by other USAID programs.
- The ISS/QI Specialist shall be based at Bauchi Local Government Authority.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical guidance on service and quality improvement that is sound, evidence-based and responsive to the needs of the State and USAID
- Provide technical leadership, and build local capacity using proven training approaches and quality improvement methodologies.
- Provide trainings (providers and training of trainers) as well as follow-up support and clinical mentoring as necessary for QI at primary health care facilities.
- Support service/quality improvement efforts, approaches and tools at IHP – public and private primary health care State sites.
- Advocate with State Ministry of Health for adoption of new evidence based quality improvement (QI) best practices at health facilities in project sites.
- Advocate with other ministries, community, NGO’s, and religious leaders to support and promote service/quality improvement components.
- Ensure quality program implementation consistent with MOH Nigerian Guidelines, global best practices and USAID Nigerian Strategic Directions.
- Coordinate with the other members of the technical team and NGO partners to develop and implement feasible facility and community-based approaches.
- An experienced Midwife / Nurse or any other closely related health care professional; other related courses (e.g. MPH, M.Sc or other relevant Degree) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in working directly with senior government officials and policy makers in RMNCH.
- Experience working with partners, organizations, and institutions
- A broad variety of programmatic, administrative, financial, and computer skills (including Word Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access), which may need to be acquired through very quick learning.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with African experts and partners in developing technical materials and providing training to improve service delivery, advocacy and resource mobilization for expanding quality improvement of RMNCH services.
- Experience with technical competence for programs funded by USAID and/or other donor programs in developing countries, with significant Nigeria experience.
- Strong verbal, listening, writing, and intrapersonal skills essential for effective coordination among several institutions and staff involved in a broad range of activities.
- Ability to communicate in the local language and good knowledge of the terrain.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice.
- We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics.
- These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
- Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”.
- We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse.
- All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
- Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com