|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
AZA Finance is an established provider of currency trading and cross-border payment solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology in our flagship products, AZA is able to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and across frontier markets.
Our API product provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API while our Web-Based platform is our B2B over-the-counter product that caters to businesses with wholesale currency needs, especially those paying partners and suppliers.
Our partners utilise our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks, mobile money operators and payments aggregators across Africa. Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA is a market-maker in every major African currency. AZA was founded in 2013 and now has offices in Nairobi, Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Kampala and Dakar.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
Loaction: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
Category: Legal & Compliance
- We are looking for an experienced Legal Counsel who will assist the Senior Legal Counsel in ensuring that effective legal support is provided to commercial teams, to propose and implement improvements to current legal processes and to assist the Senior Legal Counsel where needed.
- We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, innovative, pragmatic, energetic and passionate. Someone who can operate with a high sense of urgency and accuracy with minimal supervision.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supporting operational teams with legal advice on contracts and service agreements), framework agreements and related agreements having a particular focus Finance & Payments.
- Administration of due diligence activities and review of associated documentation (both regulatory and legal in nature) in line with internal processes and requirements.
- Provision of legal support in a range of other legal matters including company secretarial, data protection and financial regulation.
- Participating in corporate project work and providing as hoc company/commercial legal advice.
- Identifying, monitoring and managing legal risks affecting the group’s businesses and advising on the impact of those risks and measures to mitigate them.
- Supporting the management of legal priorities and objectives within the business.
- Building relationships with commercial colleagues and embedding awareness of legal risk management and corporate policy issues.
- Developing legal precedents in line with legal, regulatory and corporate environment.
- Undertake all activities in accordance with applicable group policies and procedures so as to ensure that the interests of the Group and individual corporate entities are protected at all times.
- Ensue that legal and commercial risks are identified and minimised through effective communication with applicable stakeholders as well as provide relevant support to functional departments and, when necessary Executive Committee.
- Carry out any other duties within the competence of the role holder, as requested (including additional working hours as and when required).
- Travel when required in line with business needs.
- Keep up to date with industry changes, procedures and requirements relating to job role.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a top tier firm or mid-level firm. (in-house experience with a fin-tech will be an added advantage)
- Corporate Commercial law experience.
- Transaction advisory experience working in a top tier firm or mid-level firm
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Organised, strong attention to detail, and process-oriented
- Energetic and flexible
- Reliable, independent, and able to juggle multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools
- Proficient with Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Calendar
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Casual work environment.
- Great work-life balance.
- We value autonomy.
- Opportunity for growth for all employees.
- Opportunity to work hard and play hard.· …… and more!!
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online