Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC).
The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, and nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II.
In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to reach the vulnerable population in Kukawa and Cross Kauwa LGA.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
- PUI is now looking for its Program team anAir Cargo Consolidation Project Manager (National).
- Under the supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Logistics Officer ensures and supports the Logistics Manager on the maintenance, security and follow up of PUI equipment, goods and premises.
- He supports tin activities linked to fleet, assets, movement, IT, communication and reporting according to PUI standards and procedures in order to ensure optimal running conditions of logistic activities.
- He / She works under direct supervision of the Logistics Manager.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- M&E: she/he will participate in implementing some M&E field-related activities;
- Accountability: she/he will participate in implementing all accountability-related activities;
- Learning: she/he will participate in implementing learning-related activities
Specific Objective and Linked Activities
- Dispatch the equipment on the base according to the needs, and update the equipment list accordingly
- Ensure that the assets are properly maintained and maintenance intervals and procedures are respected
- Monitor and facilitate repair orders
- Inform his/her direct supervisor in the event of an incapacity to carry out the work requested which requires the intervention of a daily worker or specialized technician
- Ensure the equipment and machines used by teams are cleaned and kept in good condition.
- Records all PUI equipment in the Equipment follow-up sheet
- Ensures that all allocated equipment are duly recorded in the staff asset form
- Follow-up the maintenance of all equipment according to the planning and PUI procedures
- Ensure the correct use of all equipment and provide training to PUI staffs or contractors if necessary
- Communicate equipment needs and damages to the Deputy logistics Manager.
- Assist the Deputy Logistics Manager to ensure that the administrative documents for all vehicles are available, filed and monitored
- Help in organizing the schedule of vehicle movements with the programme teams
- Assist the Deputy Logistics Manager to report all cars incidents and prepare the reports.
Ensuring the Movement Management:
- Makes bookings in collaboration with the Logistics Officer at Coordination for staff movement as required either on UNHAS or on local commercial flights
- Assist in updating the movement board daily
- Receives weekly movement plans for the week from all teams
- Make sure there is a proper management and planning of vehicle movement for airport pick up and drop off.
IT / Communication:
- Follow-up and update communication credit for the whole mission
- Communicates maintenance needs of all IT equipment (computers, printers, etc.) and proposes solutions to the Deputy Logistics Manager
- Assist workers or specialized technicians if needed
- Follow up the quality-of-service provision for internet and equipment maintenance.
Documentation and Reporting:
- Give daily reports to the Deputy Logistics Manager about the progress of the logistics activities
- Archive and centralize logistics files related to his domain.
N.B: The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Qualification and Required Skills
- Language skills: English / Hausa / Kanuri
- Education Degree: Diploma or Graduate in Logistics, Engineering, Business or any other professional qualification.
- Work experience: Minimum 1 year with INGO and 6 months in a logistics related field
- Knowledge & skills:
- Team Management
- Logistical skills
- Administrative and Management skills
- Knowledge of procedures: institutional donors (UE, OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies …)
- Knowledge in Logistics procedures & Value Chain management
- Computer skills: Pack Office and any other software.
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles
- Initiative’s taker
- Independent worker
Application Closing Date
Friday, 10th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is opened to Nigerian Nationals only.