9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, CS & PS Core Planning
- Assist in the design, planning and optimisation of circuit switching components of EMTS’s core network, systems and platforms.
- Provide input in translating EMTS business plan and subscriber growth assumptions into requirements for the core network circuit switching system.
- Review the unit/team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Direct the timely provisioning of the circuit & packet switching network capacity for all the GSM, EDGE, UMTS & LTE elements, features, protocols, interfaces etc.
- Provide useful inputs in defining the locations for circuit & packet switch infrastructure and other related network elements
- Design, plan, and dimension circuit & packet switching network elements to ensure optimal use and deployment of resources
- Lead Core network transformation from legacy infrastructure to cloud based infrastructure.
- Understanding of Network Virtualization Architecture as related to CS and PS core nodes and management of multi-vendor environment.
- Lead and drive implementation of VOLTE solution and 5G core implementation.
- Ensuring CS &PS capacity is planned to meet 9mobile expansion requirements using forecasting tool such as Excel.
- Responsibility for forecasting CS and PS capacity requirements and supporting the CAPEX budgeting process.
- Perform technical investigations into areas related to circuit & packet switching network design and performance, such as new types of hardware, new design methodologies, new caching algorithms, impact of new technologies (GPRS, EDGE,UMTS, LTE etc.)
- Scoping &dimensioning of datacoms equipment within the Core network
- Lead optimisation& resilience initiatives across the Core Network
- Drive innovation initiatives across the Core network
- Coordinate the unit’s activities and ensure compliance with the organisation’s operating policies, controls and procedures.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Ability to carryout proper presentation for management using power point
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate’s performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Perform any other duties or responsibilities assigned by Head, Core and VAS.
- First Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering/Physics or Computer Sciences from a recognised University
- Minimum of Six (6) years work experience with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role
- Business Application Knowledge
- Telecommunications Technology Fundamentals
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- Budget & basic financial planning
- Traffic trend analysis
- Basic product development.
- Problem Solving
- Analytic reasoning
- Reporting &presentation.
- Great Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online