|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Epidemiologist
Report to (Hierarchical): Medical Coordinator
Report to (Functional): Medical Coordinator / Activity Manager / Medical Project Referent
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
Contract Duration: 3 (Three) Months Renewable
- Assessing, implementing and maintaining the epidemiological surveillance systems/monitoring (if needed) according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to contribute to appropriate evidence-based decision making using well managed health data in outbreak and emergency MSF programmes
- Carrying out key epidemiological activities in outbreak investigation (description including time, place, people with emphasis on mapping when it is needed) and advising on the operational response
- Implementing and maintaining a surveillance system to monitor epidemiological trends of relevant outbreak-prone diseases. Guiding activities of medical staff for surveillance and/or active case finding, including ensuring understanding of the need for consistent case definitions and data recording (briefing of all new staff)
- Monitoring and Implementing initial Assessment (for emergency situation), rapid health assessments and (baseline or follow-up) surveys. Where standard protocols are not available or appropriate, developing a protocol seeking extensive feedback and pilot testing of tools to ensure the objectives will be met robustly with support of HQ epidemiologist
- Preparing and adapting routine documentation (survey forms, training materials, letters of request/notification, locally appropriate consent forms etc.) with support of HQ epidemiologist. Preparing an appropriate sampling frame and sample selection guidelines with support of HQ epidemiologist
- Planning and supervising the associated HR processes of the staff under his/her responsibility (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) and ensuring that staff exhibits required skills after training and pilot test
- Managing data systems and ensuring accurate, high quality databases; analyzing results and preparing regular written reports on progress and findings for medical coordinator/HQ and when appropriate to external collaborators/networks (MoH, other NGOs, etc.)
- Providing training sessions to medical teams on relevant aspects of epidemiology to enhance team response capacity.
- Medical Doctor (preferable), Nurse or Biomedical background with a Degree in Epidemiology.
- At least few years of tropical medicine experience (having assumed coordination position is a plus)
- Experience in Field Epidemiology
- Mission language essential.
- Use of epidemiology related analytical software (excel, Epi-info, STATA or SPSS)
- Results and Quality Orientation – L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation – L2
- Behavioural Flexibility – L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles – L2
- Stress Management – L3.
According to OCBA salary grid scale (National contract).
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.