ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy.
The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operational Marketing Manager
Reporting Line: Commercial Director
Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
- This position will lead the Marketing team that is based in Lagos, Nigeria, but expected to spend at least 60% of the time on the field in our various locations across the country.
- The Operational Marketing Manager supports the Organization’s marketing strategy by helping plan, execute and track grassroots marketing programs.
- The incumbent should have an intimate knowledge of B2C sales and will help the Organization (and field-based Sales teams in particular) achieve goals by building strong marketing strategies and campaigns that resonate with our customers.
- Creation of grassroots marketing strategies, campaigns and promotions, with the aim of driving sales and improving product & brand knowledge.
- Align with the priorities of commercial teams to deliver marketing initiatives that will support overall business results
- Analyse data, monitor grassroots marketing campaigns and evaluate results
- Review campaigns and analyze data to determine ROI from marketing initiatives and recommend changes, if needed to drive business growth
- Own, evangelize and drive cohesiveness of key brand messages and USPs within field teams
- Oversight of the team that oversee the leads generation process, from both online and off-line channels
- Segment Marketing: Marketing strategies for; Product Marketing, Community Relations. Regional Marketing: Nigeria (All States)
- Plan strategic events to raise the profile of the Organization
- National & International Communications
- Manage Company perception and brand equity.
Deliverables and Activities
Brand & Marketing Strategy:
- Oversee brand strategy – Oversee the development and implementation of the Company’s overall brand, marketing and communications plan.
- Marketing Strategy – Create and execute a broad marketing strategy for EEA Nigeria, and be responsible for understanding the business model, the company’s services, products and solutions, and positioning them favorably before target audience markets
- Event Strategy – Create a focused event participation strategy for sponsored and corporate events that will help EEA Nigeria reach its target audience, customers & desired partnerships.
- Customer Segmentation – Define customer segments, needs and value propositions
- Value Proposition to Customers -Translate EEA’s offering into relatable value propositions for customers to drive uptake and build loyalty Position EEA Nigeria as the gateway to valuable data for consumers in the bottom of the pyramid stratum
- Oversee Budget – Develop and oversee marketing budget and resource management to ensure optimal ROI on marketing spend
- High-Level Support – Collaborate with the leadership team, commercial and product heads to articulate the marketing strategy. This process will involve rigorous prioritization and planning to ensure that the Marketing team provides adequate support to all other teams within the business
- New Markets Entry – Work with the Commercial Director, Head of Sales and Expansion Manager to develop innovative, capturing GTM strategies for new market entry.
- PR – Build EEA Nigeria’s reputation, visibility and Top of Mind Awareness with press, newsletters, thought leadership and targeted campaigns
- Value Proposition to Partners – Define value proposition to potential Partners
- Traditional and Digital Media – Be an expert in traditional and digital marketing strategies that drive awareness and create leads
- Research Insights – Will be data driven and create a strategy for how to best disseminate research insights through various communication channels
Vendor / SupplierManagement:
- Manage relationship with 3rd party suppliers (marketing & media agencies, printers, collateral producers, etc.) to ensure price efficiency, adherence to guidelines and maintain EEA high-quality standards.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field. MBA is an added advantage
- Minimum of 8+ years of marketing experience. 3 years managing a Marketing Team
- Strategic thinker and has executed strategic direction for a marketing unit.
- The incumbent must be creative, witty, smart, good narrator, storyteller, excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Ability to translate brand and marketing strategy into simple and relatable initiatives for internal (staff) and external (customers) audiences
- Ability to market and engage with rural communities to gain market penetration
- Has worked in a B2C technology or FMCG business previously. Work experience that covers extensive field/BTL marketing, product launch, strong corporate comms experience, brand management etc
- Deep understanding of the various marketing disciplines
- Highly creative and innovative brand builder
- Demonstrated results in building brand equity
- Experience in leveraging customer analytics and segmentation to drive business growth
- Can thrive working in a fast-paced company and able to liaise with stakeholders across multiple social strata, businesses and departments to get things done.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
- All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths.