We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations across Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership, and partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Job Code: OP001
Grant Duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance
Do You Have What it Takes to Join Us?
- We are in search of innovative, creative, and self-motivated talents with outstanding skills and proven track records in the advertised position.
- A reliable individual who is committed, audacious, accountable, and passionate with strong personal values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices.
- A reliable executor who is flexible and can hit the ground running in aiding the organization achieve its goals as it aligns with saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for the most vulnerable. If this typifies you, kindly read on.
Overall Job Function
- The Operations Manager will manage the overall organization’s operations (facility, asset and fleet management and travel) in the organization’s Central office in Abuja and the operating State Offices.
- The drive is to ascertain there is effective and efficient operational coordination over significant administrative oversight functions in Abuja, State Office and -supported sites to the extent required with a major focus on financial data management and processing procedures, administration for management, and managing budgets for office running activities.
- Under the supervision of the Head, Management Support Services, the Operations Manager will be responsible for supervising, scheduling, training, and organizing the workload of all administrative personnel.
- The Operations Manager will manage all administrative operations in the Abuja office, State Offices and supported facilities.
- S/he will be responsible for the delivery of management support services to every unit for the smooth running of the programmatic and non-programmatic activities in line with the standard operating procedures to meet up with organizational clear goals and objectives.
- These include a conducive working environment and resource availability, logistic support, inventory and asset management, fleet management, health and safety environment e.t.c.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, Implement, and review operational management systems, processes, and procedures for the administrative team.
- Develop and manage strategic objectives for the administrative sub-unit.
- Manage and supervise fleet management across all states.
- Coordinate and supervise all administrative operations across all CIHP offices.
- Supervises and supports management of multiple facilities, including janitorial services, building and equipment maintenance, and repair.
- Oversees the negotiation and lease of the rented property.
- Set work plan priorities and oversee the workflow of the administrative team across all CIHP states in liaison with the Head, Management Support Services.
- Coordination of administrative staff and project timelines to ensure that set deadlines are met.
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Trustees including collation of Board Reports, correspondence, and meeting preparations.
- Manage contracts for vendors, suppliers, and contractors.
- Support the Head MSS in risk management in operations; identifying and mitigating risks in administration, logistics, office management, health and safety of Staff and beneficiaries in the central and state offices.
- Modify and innovatively improve the filing system and archives system.
- Manage the implementation of internal policies and procedures.
- Actively identify and develop processes to streamline the administration of the organization.
- Maintain a master calendar for events, meetings, and workshops as provided by the project team.
- Manage the organization’s assets including coordination of purchasing, maintenance, and disbursement of stock, capital, and equipment.
- Contribute to a positive working environment for all staff.
- Manage and provide oversight functions over all of the organization’s assets/ inventories at the Central office, State Offices and the organizations supported facilities to ensure they are effectively managed, recorded, monitored and consistent asset register status updating in accordance with the organizations Standard Operating Procedures based on monthly, quarterly and annual asset verification exercise.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or his/her designee.
Qualifications & Skills Knowledge & Ability
- Master’s Degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or its recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of Five years of professional experience in office administration.
- Demonstrated high-level organizational, communication, and administrative experience.
- Demonstrated experience in data entry, and data management for financial records.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Good working knowledge in the use of MS Word, Excel, Email, and the Internet.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to organize the workflow and coordinate activities and prioritize workload.
- Knowledge of office management techniques with the ability to research and resolve office management and questions.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion. Committing to a course of action without undue delay or prevarication.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills, transparent and honest.
- Event management skills and corporate representation acumen.
- Experienced in security and safety management in diverse operating environment including those similar to the Northeastern part of Nigeria.
- Strong knowledge of major donors’ (and US implementing partners) policies and procedures.
- Experience in dealing with challenging and sensitive situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: email@example.com The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME e.g. ” Operations Manager – OP001 – Abuja – ADESUWA NWACHUKWU”.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as applications sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Qualified Locals and residents of these locations are encouraged to apply
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival, and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.