Deloitte Nigeria – Our client, a Credit Guarantee Company, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- The desired candidate will work closely with the Head of Operations to drive business volumes from respective PFIs.
- This includes but is not limited to transaction origination, monitoring of guarantee portfolio, claims process management, and driving of new business volumes. The candidate will take on a variety of strategic responsibilities helping to shape operations.
- As one of the core mandates of the organization is to de-risk MSME lending, she/he shall collaborate with PFIs to improve access to finance for MSMEs as banks and MFIs provide more and better products and services to these enterprises.
The scope of work covers the following specific areas:
- Generate revenue by sourcing for clients
- Act as a focal person and responsible for the front-to-end in the guarantee application process of respective PFIs by performing an independent, forward-looking appraisal of current and prospective clients in compliance with the guarantee operations manual.
- To collaborate and ensure an in-depth understanding of PFIs lending portfolio placed under guarantee through regular value-adding interaction in order to effectively meet the needs of the respective PFIs.
- Review the presentations of guarantee lines ensuring that all the information necessary for the decision-making is well captured in the proposal.
- Evaluate and conduct periodic monitoring of PFI lending activities and portfolio placed under guarantee to ensure strict compliance with internal and cooperation guidelines.
- She/he would ensure that adequate portfolio management objectives and deadlines are met and have knowledge of internal operations standards and procedures.
- Proactively assist in resolving issues in the management of respective portfolios and escalate when necessary to ensure quick resolution.
- Maintain due process and ensure accurate verification of data in compliance with internal guidelines to ensure prompt claims payment.
- Post-graduate qualification in Business, Finance, Economics, or related fields.
- Candidate must have at least 6 years of experience relating to guarantee operations and/or banking pertaining to lending to the MSME sector.
- A background in banking, insurance, or trade finance is essential.
- Extensive experience with commercial banking in MSME lending, credit appraisal, and evaluation, financial analysis, revenue management, financial modeling & forecasting, compliance & regulatory issues, and administration functions.
- Experience in a fast-growing, challenging business environment
- The Operations Officer must be someone who demonstrates the ability to develop/grow a business in terms of sourcing for clients and managing client relationships.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online