|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Private Sector Specialist / Economist
Job #: req13015
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Private Sector Development
Term Duration: 4 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Include, but are not limited to, the following main tasks:
- Support the FCI dialogue in country with a focus on private sector development: Support the policy dialogue with counterparts on issues relating to private sector development, particularly focusing on creating opportunities for investments supporting economic transformation and employment.
- Serve, when needed, as team member or co-TTL/TTL (Task Team Leader) for lending operations, advisory, and analytical work, and contribute to the delivery and quality of financing and knowledge engagements for Nigeria, provide inputs to other Global Practices (Macro, Trade and Investment, Governance, etc.) on private sector related issues.
- AAA & Advisory work: Support the development and implementation of high-quality AAA and advisory work. Lead/support policy dissemination events with policy makers, stakeholders, and private sector.
- Support the dialogue with the CMU and with the region: prepare inputs for WPA discussions, strategic documents such as CPFs, SCDs and CPSDs.
- Relationship management: cultivate strategic relationships with government counterparts and other key stakeholders
- Collaboration with IFC: Coordinate and work with the International Finance Corporation (IFC) as needed on relevant diagnostics, advisory work and operational activities.
- Development Partner Collaboration: Support the partnership with the development partner community and facilitate/participate in formal and informal meetings with key development partners, civil society, private sector representatives, and other stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Economics, Business, Public Policy, or relevant qualifications;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in private sector development since completing university degree (i.e. Master’s), with solid knowledge in one or more topic areas covered by the FCI Global Practice, such as innovation and entrepreneurship, small and medium enterprise development, trade and export promotion, investment climate reforms, competition policy, productivity and other issues affecting competitiveness.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English.
- Capacity to lead dialogue with senior counterparts and influence policy discussions at the national and subnational level on private sector development issues.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, design and implement major projects and to produce major/complex reports or studies. Prior experience with World Bank instruments will be a plus.
- Demonstrated team player who can work as a member of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team, motivate and lead group efforts and network effectively across boundaries.
World Bank Group Core Competencies:
- The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Application Closing Date
15th October, 2021. (11:59pm UTC).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online