Paystack is a technology company solving payments problems for ambitious businesses. Paystack’s mission is to help merchants in Africa get paid by anyone, anywhere in the world. Over 9,000 of some of the best businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, God is Good Motors, Axa Mansard Insurance, and many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Manager
About the Role
- As the pioneer Country Sales representative, you are a functional leader tasked with driving Paystack’s future growth engine by building relationships with prospective clients and turning them into happy Paystack users.
- You’ll handle the full sales cycle for multinational enterprises, growth and early-stage startups, local corporates and SME’s.
- You will own the relationships and be the main point of contact with merchants that will be instrumental to Paystack’s future growth; identify new business opportunities, and work to increase the market share and adoption of Paystack within your target sectors and markets.
- In terms of the profile we seek:
- You are an adept salesperson seeking to build a long-term career in sales.
- You are capable of engaging in business conversations with C-level executives, and also comfortable having high-level technical conversations with relevant stakeholders.
- You have an understanding of the buyer journey and can lead relatively long, multi stakeholder deals in a highly consultative manner.
- You understand how to communicate value to differentiate competing product offerings and enjoy working on products that require deep product knowledge, combined with technical knowledge.
- We’ve pioneered a new era of simple, powerful technology tools for businesses in Africa, and as we prepare for a period of accelerated growth, we are looking to you to help generate a healthy pipeline of some of the best businesses of the continent.
- And you’ll do all this while working closely with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
- This is a full-time role is based in Country and reporting directly to the Head of Sales.
What You’ll Be Doing
As Country Sales Representative, you’ll:
- Build and execute on a Territory and Pipeline reconciliation plan, which captures your strategy for executing a demand-generation campaign to identify, engage and close new business for Paystack within target sectors
- Manage the sales cycle from pipeline generation to close, for multi-national enterprises, growth and early-stage startups, local corporates and SME’s to deliver on an annual revenue quota (target)
- Receive qualified inbound sales opportunities and drive them to a close them. You will work closely with the inbound sales representative (s) and Technical product specialists and to convert these requests
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and operational teams both within and outside Paystack
- Report pipeline and sales activity data in a CRM to provide visibility on potential and closed business, and facilitate monitoring of business performance
What it takes to succeed at this role:
- 8 or more years of Sales experience in Payments, financial services, Telecoms, Software and/or technology sectors with a track record of top performance
- Able to understand complex technical requirements and craft solutions across multiple products
- Strong ability to drive sales engagements via the phone and online, sustaining focused conversations to achieve a clear objective
- Able to build trust and credibility by providing accurate information and guidance to prospects regarding Paystack’s products and solution capabilities
- Strong presentation skills, particularly for in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in technology
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- have previous experience in the banking, payments, or the payment cards industry
- Competitive Salary
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online