|Before You Continue, Checkout:|
|Graduate & Non-graduate Jobs in Nigeria Today|
|Jobs in Lagos||Jobs in Abuja||Jobs in Rivers|
|SSCE Jobs||OND Jobs||NCE Jobs|
|HND Jobs||Bsc Jobs||Msc Jobs|
|MBA Jobs||Phd Jobs||FSLC Jobs|
|Remote Jobs||Engineering Jobs||Oil & Gas Jobs|
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior DEEI (Diversity, Equity, Engagement, and Inclusion) Communications Specialist / Principal DEEI Communications Specialist
Job Code: 6758
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Grade: 8 – 9
Reports to: Vice President, Global Communications
Function of the Position
- Under the guidance and direction of the Vice President, Global Communications- while maintaining a strong day-to-day working relationship with the Global Head of DEEI – the DEEI Communications Specialist / Senior Specialist will support internal and external communications at DAI, with a particular focus on enhancing DAI’s messaging around diversity, equity, engagement, and inclusion.
- As an integral part of DAI’s Corporate Communications team, the DEEI Specialist / Senior Specialist will be responsible for ensuring that DAI applies a consistent approach across all our DEEI touch points; communicates to staff and other stakeholders accurately, authentically, and sensitively about all matters related to DEEI; and considers and integrates DEEI principles and concerns across the enterprise, from executive communications to website content. The DEEI Specialist/Senior Specialist will counsel and support the Global Head of DEEI in various communications assignments, from industry presentations to Board reporting and in-person meetings, and will serve as the go-to partner for our DEEI function in developing and executing its communications initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Independently develop communications plans and strategies for DEEI-related projects. This includes driving the development of the plan and drafting any supporting messaging.
- Partner with other Communications team members to determine the best channels for maximum impact and provide any executive-level messaging.
- Develop and work on communication plans and strategies for DEEI programs and broader business initiatives that will benefit from the application of a DEEI lens.
- Work with DEEI partners, Communications team members, and subject matter experts to incorporate DEEI perspectives into DAI’s communications, as applicable.
- Provide Communications team members with insight into DEEI programs and principles to “connect the dots” and tell a consistent story across the enterprise and beyond.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needs evolve.
- Grade 8: 5 years relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree; OR, 3 years relevant experience and a Master’s degree.
- Grade 9: 7 years relevant experience and Bachelor’s degree; OR, 5 years relevant experience and a Master’s degree. (Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered)
- Outstanding writer and editor able to draft camera-ready copy without supervision
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work across a large organization with internal team leaders including executive-level staff
- Ability to master the big picture of DAI’s business strategy and DEEI commitments while fastidiously attending to detail
- Fluency in various media and communications channels – text, video, graphics, audio, live presentations, social networking, event management, etc.
- Experience supporting communication programs for large, highly engaged organizations; in-depth understanding of current trends in the communications space, with an emphasis on internal communications and organizational engagement
- Strong, nuanced understanding of DEEI issues
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned as needs evolve.
- Experience developing communication plans, managing cross-functional projects, and creating messaging around DEEI
- Knowledge of international development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online